The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DUESENBERG GUITARS - the new Gibson ?
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

DUESENBERG GUITARS - the new Gibson ?

Will Duesenberg guitars (in 20-40 years from now) be worth as much as old, vintage Gibson's are today?

For the ones who dont know Duesenberg. They're still somewhat a new/unknown company from Germany, a country which has a huge history in manufacturing great audio gear (just think of the Neumann mics).

In my book Duesenberg manufacture the best electric guitars available right now. All hand-made, beautiful design, and they really sound better than any current Gibson model I've ever played. I can easily see this company blow up like Gibson did, and their current/early models turn into really expensive vintage collector items!

What do you think?

If you dont know their guitars, check them out here: www.duesenberg.de
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

Here are a few pics (YES.. 1st pic is REAL leather. Insane.. I know!)

Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

I love Duesenberg guitars. The Carl Carlton is really great. I have some pickups of theirs too.
As for value..No. The value of Gibson and Fender is beacuse of the era they were used in and the players that played them. I can see early Duesenbergs being worth good money, but I can't see them "taking off" like gibson and fender prices did...
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley View Post
I love Duesenberg guitars. The Carl Carlton is really great. I have some pickups of theirs too.
As for value..No. The value of Gibson and Fender is beacuse of the era they were used in and the players that played them.
Well.. Duesenberg isnt too far behind, especially if you keep in mind that they're still a new company. Chris Whitley, Ron Wood, Elvis Costello, ZZ Top, etc... they all play Duesenberg (or in Chris' case, used to.. since he died in 05)
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

But the value is not made by such things really.
If you are asking if Duesenberg will one day be icons of popular music like a 58 les paul ($250,000 today) or 62 strat (maybe $20000)... no.
They may become sought after but unless they become an integral part of some monumental movement, I can't see it happening.
Old 16th January 2007
Gear Addict

Those are looking gorgeous

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search