The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
my tubpre caught on fire.. what should I do?
Old 15th January 2007
Gear Addict

my tubpre caught on fire.. what should I do?

hey yeah so I was renting one of my presonus tubepres to someone today and when I plugged it in with the client there to confirm it worked, the vu meter light didn't go on and smoke started coming out. I opened it up and saw that one of the opamps or w/e the hell the little black brick thing was had a big bubble in the middle and it looked singed. I called presonus and they said it would cost $55 to have it repaired. I don't think I paid more than like $60 for it when I got it brand new (got a deal at a dealer) so it's not really worth $55 to repair it (especially since I only rent it out and I don't use it) but I was planning on selling it along with another tubepre to a school near me and that's not gonna happen anymore... any suggestions? Should I get someone else to repair it or what?
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

Throw that **** away!
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Throw that **** away!
Yes, what he said. Catch on fire once, shame on Presonus. Catch on fire twice, shame on you!
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

Next time it catches on fire dfegad
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

Sue the mfg.
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

If it's a socketed IC it's easy to replace, check the number on the healthy one & search for the replacement online. If it's worth the time, that is.
Old 16th January 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berolzheimer View Post
If it's a socketed IC it's easy to replace, check the number on the healthy one & search for the replacement online. If it's worth the time, that is.
that's a good idea. I think I will.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search