The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Simple PC-Based DAW
Old 15th January 2007
Gear Addict

Simple PC-Based DAW

Hi,

I currently record to a Roland VS-2000 and was thinking of ditching it in favor of a PC-based DAW. I just need the ability to track at 24/96, mix, sum, and a little EQ. I make simple recordings. Not too many tracks, not too much DSP.

What DAW do your recommend?

Thanks.
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

Cubase4
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

Tracktion
Old 15th January 2007
Gear Maniac

It kind depends on what you need. I've tried several different DAWs. I started with Logic, went to Sonar, tried Samplitude, went back to Sonar, and now I'm on Cubase and I plan to stick with it. It's great fit for me because I do lots of midi. I'm really digging Cubase.

If I was starting out right now, I'd take a very close look at Reaper. It keeps getting better and better, and it's already quite good. You can download and use it for free. Only $40 if you decide to keep it.
http://www.cockos.com/reaper/

If you're like me, it takes some time and experimenting to figure out just what I need. Using something like Reaper will give some time to work with a DAW and figure out what you need without spending a fortune. You might find it's all you ever need.
Old 15th January 2007
Gear Nut

Tracktion + 1

Tracktion is powerful and easy to use. And cheap. Highly recommended.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search