The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Laptop internal and external soundcard issues. Have gig in 2 days need some help asap
Old 15th January 2007
Here for the gear

Laptop internal and external soundcard issues. Have gig in 2 days need some help asap

Whats up everybody. This is my first post but ive been lurking for a while. I make like jazzy downtempo hip hop type ****.
http://www.myspace.com/thelowendtheory

I have 2 recording setups, the home studio, and my portable dj/production rig. My issue is that im getting feedback, more like noise from the laptops output, whether thru its internal soundcard and thru a tascam us-224, only its direct out though. The speakers on the laptop itself are fine. It seems to be like the computers internal noise. Like when its thinking and doing applications it makes these weird glitch loops and staticy noises. I tried every thing i can think of to eliminate this. Maybe i need a ground loop elm or noise eliminator in its signal path to the mixer?
Old 15th January 2007
Here for the gear

never mind

I figured it out. I dug around in my gig bag and found a 3 prong to 2 prong adapter and just put that in the power path. Cleaned it right out. Thanks anyways, since i broke my posting cherry though you'll probably be seeing my ass on here a lot. Peace.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search