The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is this possible??
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

Is this possible??

I'm getting some good (not great) drum recordings lately. My kit isn't the best and I don't have the cash to go buying a new kit. I'm thinking about getting steven slates drums but a thought came to mind.

Is there a way to trigger BFD with audio recordings??

Surely there has to be a way! I know drumagog will trigger a audio sample by looking at the dynamics of a snare recording for example so I know it is possible.

All it would take is a plugin that will convert audio to midi (and with a snare track for example it doesn't need to measure pitch, just program the snare channels "audio to midi convertor" plugin that it's output will alway be d3, send that the newly created midi channel to BFD and Bob's your uncle!!

Does such a plugin exsist???
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

I think I found one

http://www.sharewareplaza.com/Audio-...oad_29046.html

Anyone ever use this for drums??
Old 15th January 2007
Gear Addict

hi,
drummagog has an option in the advanced page to send midi out, i send it out using its internal ( virtual ) midi port and then plug that into bfd. It sounds great as you can banance your own close mics with the room mics and cloe mics of bfd. Sometimes it can be tricky to get it to trigger as you want so it can be a good idea to choose a section of the track, run it on that and then record the midi to a new track, that way you can change the sensitivity etc for each section.

Also the drummer i play with bought some cheap pezio contacts and put them on his kit, he attaches that to a alesis d4 to send midi to reason for drum sounds, i presume that if you were to record the horrible audio from the contact mics you could use it to trigger drummagog.

When he want to play quietly he fills his drums ( toms and all ) with clothes and pillows and uses some home made cymbas and hats made from plastic pink frisbies with contact mics on, very cool.

All the best,

K
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

macleod,

I never knew drumagog had a midi out. I have to buy it now.

Thanks
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

Nice,, i have my eye on drumagog to, i want to use it for dance and electronic

Is it possible to route the samples to individual outputs of the daw??

Can you please self made kits and samples? Or is it just one format?
Old 15th January 2007
Gear Addict

you can use your own samples, and use as many instances of drummagog as you need to to get as may outputs as you want. k
Old 15th January 2007
Lives for gear

ah ok so you just open more of m if you want to use more,, i hop it isnt as cpu hungrey as kontakt or guru

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search