The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
KrK RP-5's?
Old 14th January 2007
Here for the gear

KrK RP-5's?

Im thinking about buying some inexpensive monitors ($300-400pr.) for a home project studio. Does anyone have an opinion about the Krk RP-5's?
Old 14th January 2007
My opinion is; the KRK Rockit range is the best low-budget monitor choice by a long shot.

KRKs are just make very good speakers, simple as that, and the Rockit range represent really good value for money.

The only one's that come close in this price bracket, in my experience, are the Yamaha HS50s and 80s.

Peace

the tortoise
Old 14th January 2007
Gear Addict

Especially if you can get them for under $300 for the pair, I would say go for it.

I have a pair, and they are very solid for the bucks.

I now own ADAM A7s, and would never want to mix on the RP5s again, but that being said, they are much more expensive, and you can definitely learn the Rp5s and do well with them. I liked them much better than the other monitors I have heard around that price.
Old 14th January 2007
Lives for gear

I got my KRK RP5's for $109 each from BSW.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search