The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
HELP!!! Pro Tools Wave files promblems
Old 13th January 2007
Lives for gear

HELP!!! Pro Tools Wave files promblems

I Recorded grand Piano and Vocal tracks for a client using Nuendo on a P4 PC and then exported as 24/48 K Wave files.They took those Wave files to another recording facility and tried to import those into their Pro Tools HD system and there Macs did not reconize the file so they could not import the wave files to use for their session.When my client got home he tried open up the wave files in his PC and could open and play them fine.............Is there any compatibilty issues going from PC Nuendo to Pro Tools HD Mac for a simple wave file transfer .....I have done this many times in the past and never a promblem...............Any Pro Tools Gurus out there with any sugestions I can give this other PT engineer at the other facility would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Again!!!

Ron Florentine
Soundswest Studio
Old 13th January 2007
Lives for gear

my guess is user error on the other studio and maybe they forgot to try to see all files on the CD, they perhaps just looked for a file type (AIFF)
Old 14th January 2007
Make sure they're PCM WAV files.. not IEEE floating point WAV files.

Rail

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search