The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
need immediate help with Dynaudio BM5a compact monitors Studio Monitors
Old 6th October 2015
Gear Addict
need immediate help with Dynaudio BM5a compact monitors

So i did something stupid, i bought a used pair of Dynaudio BM5a Compact without noticing they were the compact version and not the regular BM5a, the seller didn't help, i'm not sure what went through me at that moment, over excitement or something, bottom line, i brought them home THEN realized they were the compact version.

Talked to the seller after that, we argued a bit, he admitted he had given me a lot of confusion information as in those monitors being the MK2 version, there never was a Compact MK2 version, also the ad was pretty convincing in telling you it was the BM5a MK2 version.

Anywayyyyy, after a bit of arguing, he agreed to refund me tomorrow after he agreed we were both to blame.

Thing is, they sound greaaaat, but i don't have time to do a mix and see how well it translates, even if it were the BM5a i would probably have gotten a sub in the future. Anyone have any experience with those ?

How do they compare in a mixing environment to the regular BM5a version ?
Old 16th October 2015
Here for the gear

Are you asking how the compact MkIII compares to the BM5? If so I might be able to help in a week or so. I have the BM5 Mkiii and just ordered a pair of compacts. I do have a sub with the BM5 monitors...a Temblor T10. They mate up well. I've never heard the earlier versions of the BM series, but there's a ton of folks on this forum who have.
Old 16th October 2015
Gear Maniac

Hi, can you please post a review of the BM5 MKIII, there is close to zero info about them around here, for some reason.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewbuzzn View Post
Are you asking how the
compact MkIII compares to the BM5? If so I might be able to help in a week or so. I have the BM5 Mkiii and just ordered a pair of compacts. I do have a sub with the BM5 monitors...a Temblor T10. They mate up well. I've never heard the earlier versions of the BM series, but there's a ton of folks on this forum who have.
Old 19th October 2015
Here for the gear

RA Reviews: Dynaudio - BM5 mkIII (Tech)

That review link is a pretty fair assessment....meaning I would've said basically the same things about the BM5 MkIII. Most noteworthy to me was just how low these get, and the quality of that bass. Like I said before we have a Temblor hooked in but it's typically not needed...well for now anyway. The reviewer mentioned "brightness", but I never sensed that in a negative way even before the breakin period was over. I'm sure it might have something to do with my 50+ year old hearing issues but who knows. I'd have to say the even response across the volume spectrum is darned good. We don't have to jack the volume up at all to hear what's really going on although I do like to crank them once in a while. These are just really good monitors. Check a pair out, and if you like them then pull the trigger although make sure you shop around for a good price.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search