The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Jim Williams Meyer cp10 help
Old 17th September 2015
Lives for gear

Jim Williams Meyer cp10 help

I see that you know a lot about these, so I figured I'd ask you a few questions. I recently got some new monitors. They need a little low mid, and upper mid eqed out of them for my room. Everytime I put my Meyer sound eq in the chain regardless of whether the eq points are pushed in or not it makes the monitors lose transient response, and sound thin, and harsher/fatiguing. I thought the eq was supposed to be neutral. Is there something I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Taylor
Old 17th September 2015
For a neutral response they need a rebuild. The 5532 opamps are slow and dark sounding. The mono ceramic EQ caps are harsh sounding. I've rebuilt many for Bob Hodas and they are used all over the world.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search