The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lisa Loeb 'Tails' Recorded on?
Old 16th September 2015
Lives for gear
Lisa Loeb 'Tails' Recorded on?

I remember Lisa Loeb's TAILS coming out around the same time as Alanis Morissette's debut which was recorded on ADATs as everyone knows.

TAILS was recorded at Juan Patino's apartment and 52nd Street Digital, New York. So the likelihood of it being ADATs also is not a stretch. I am curios because I think it is a good sounding recording.

Can anyone shed some light?

Last edited by geartragic; 16th September 2015 at 01:31 PM..
Old 16th September 2015
Gear Head

I can't speak for the entire album, but the song "Stay (I Missed You)" was recorded at 52nd Street Digital on a Tascam 688 midi-studio to an ADAT 28x recorder, and mixed on an SSL 4064 G to a Studer A827 with Ampex 499 tape.
Old 16th September 2015
Lives for gear
Wow, a 688? And then ADAT? Interesting, thanks so much for the information. It is a good sounding record do you not agree?
Old 17th September 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by geartragic View Post
Wow, a 688? And then ADAT? Interesting, thanks so much for the information. It is a good sounding record do you not agree?
I agree, but remember mic choice and placement is a 10000 times more important than the recording medium used. Plus it was mixed to tape on an SSL, that had a lot to do with it too.
Old 17th September 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock2009 View Post
I agree, but remember mic choice and placement is a 10000 times more important than the recording medium used. Plus it was mixed to tape on an SSL, that had a lot to do with it too.
I used to mix tracks for a friend of mine that used a Tascam 688. He recorded the tracks at his place on the 688, then he would bring it to my place and even though I didn't have a SSL () I used a Tascam M-2600mkII and the recordings came out really good..Kinda miss those days..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search