The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Phones to compliment Genelecs (so maybe not as toppy)
Old 16th September 2015
Phones to compliment Genelecs (so maybe not as toppy)

Hi
I have a love hate relationship with my 8030's and sub ive had for nearly 10 years. They are fatiguing to mix on for extended periods. how ever my mixes translate full stop. Most of my friends run KRK's and the difference in detail is huge. Ive had Sennheiser hd 265's for the same period which i use just as much for mixing just cause they give me the sound i'd like to hear. I do hip hop so the extra bass is how i wanna vibe on it. I make beats and mix at the same time so they get me in the zone and then i tidy things up on the Genelecs. So they are nearly dead (headphones)

Ive been contemplating upgrading monitors but after listening tests with Opals i couldnt justify the upgrade price. Which was suprising. The Gens do what they need to do and thats it. So i thought id splash out on new headphones instead. I know there are many hd 600 vs 650 vs 700 threads. Ive read them all but wondered if any one had any feedback in my case. After reviews id lean towards the 700s cause they are portraited as the most neutral and comfortable. How ever the description of the top end sounds very much like my Genelecs. my room isnt treated well so real bass representation i guess is the most important. But i do wanna get home from the pub and play beats a bit too loud and enjoy the bass. I guess i can always pull the old hd 265s out for that.
And yes i should listen myself but suprisingly non of the pro audio shops near me stock those, just the lower models which is really wierd
Old 16th September 2015
Lives for gear

650s are a little warmer than the other 2, albeit less accurate. They would probably be what you want.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search