The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
BAE 1073 DMP (There are some issues)
Old 18th July 2015
Here for the gear

BAE 1073 DMP (There are some questions)

Hi, everyone) Well, since I have recently started to work with this similar equipment, I would like to ask about BAE DMP 1073.

1. Is it ok, if I'm going to use DI for recording an electric guitar with active EMG pickups? What the difference between BAE's DI and usual passive D-box?

2. I noticed that "thru" channel can be used as input. Please, explain to me how it works, ... theory of operation and why is it necessary?
Old 18th July 2015
Questions, not issues!
Old 18th July 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
Questions, not issues!
mm... Disaaaster)
Old 18th July 2015
Lives for gear

"What the difference between BAE's DI and usual passive D-box?" A passive DI box is just a transformer that canges the impedance of the signal and the level. It mostly works with keyboards and line level sources, because it draws "too much juice" from a guitar pickup or the usual circuitry. The DI input on the BAE is passive with an input impedance of 150kOhms and should works well with an active guitar (and bass) pickup. Apart from that, it adds a little pleasing distortion/sparkle and probably compresses the signal just a little on the peaks.

"I noticed that "thru" channel can be used as input." Usually if you go into the DI input, you go from the thru into an amp. If it were an input, what would the DI input be for?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search