The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Event 20/30 vs Yamaha Hs8?
Old 18th July 2015
Event 20/30 vs Yamaha Hs8?

I recently heard the yamaha hs8 and was very sure of buying them.. seemed very clear... on the day of buying when i went to the store the store had event 20/30s come in. And.... i heard them... and back to being confused about what to buy.
The events had more lowmids compared to the yamahas. The bass and treble sounded very very similar ..yamaha being a bit more crisper in the highs..
My friend who came Along loved those and says id buy the events if i were you and that has me lost ... i m still leaning towards the yamahas because i have also heard a lot of good reviews of it . Dont know much about events. Help please
Old 18th July 2015
Both are great monitors and you'll have great results with both.
I used Event 20/30s since they first came out, before upgrading to the Opals last year, and they were great speakers, never had a problem with them. But the Opals are on a whole 'nother level.
The three-way design of the 20/30s kind of puts them in another league compared to the HS8s.
And the 20/30s frequency response is great
Old 18th July 2015
I liked both of them compared to the rest of the stuff in the store.
My issue and confusion was that the events seemed more present in the low mids than any monitor there.. and i dont know if the other monitors are missing that or is the event emphasizing it a bit much. I dont want to end up with mixes with reduced lowmids because of that and neither do i want mixes too fat in the low mids if the yamaha is actually cutting those out.
Aaarghhh
Cant decide..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search