The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ramsa WZ-DA96 or ADA8200
Old 17th July 2015
Gear Maniac

Ramsa WZ-DA96 or ADA8200

Hi all

quick question, I have a babyface interface but I'm planning to have 8 more DA options. I will be routing these outs from babyface optical ADAT. I'm looking for an inexpensive but decent converter.

As it is for DA purposes only I was taking a look at the Ramsa WZ-DA96 and also the ADA8200 AD/DA.

The ADA8200 has more features than the Ramsa converter and it is also about 10 years newer than Ramsa, but the 8200 is for about $200, when the Ramsa came out it was sold between $2500- $3000 I think (DA only).

The Ramsa converter or the ADA8200 will be clocked via ADAT Babyface.

What you think guys?

Thanks!
Old 17th July 2015
Lives for gear

I can only tell you of my experience with the 8200.
I bought one when they first came out.I am not a Beringer fan but I tought hey, Midas pre's, re-designed power supply ect.

I found it noisy at higher gain settings and the phantom power pops like a bitch.It also was fairly noisy just by turning up the master volume on the MR 816 when it was hooked up.

Long story short, I bought another 816 and traded it at my local music store for a set of bass strings.
I couldn't give it away and they really didn't want it either but im a long time customer.
Old 18th July 2015
Gear Maniac

Thanks for your response cavern

Yeah I'm not a Behringer fan either. I think Since Behringer bought Midas Behringer is becoming more respectable I think their products are a bit better than the old ones.
Old 18th July 2015
Lives for gear

A friend of mine has the Focusrite Octo pre and its well behaved.
Its more money though.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search