The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Adam A7x-Amazing!!!
Old 16th July 2015
Gear Nut
Adam A7x-Amazing!!!

I usually dont post anything thats not a question, but i wanted tho share this...
This monitors are amazing!!!
I started using about 2 months ago, and all i can say is:
WOW

I am music composer working for a tv channel, and there is no engineer or funds to pay for one in my everyday work, so i have to mix my own material(maybe in the US thats a little strange, but here in Brasil thats pretty common..., specially in the area i am in, the News part of the tv channel)
I have not worked on big console rooms with real high end monitors, but for my needs, these are the best monitors i had.
I know they are not considered high end, but they translate amazingly well!!!
Since i ve started using them my mixes translate almost 100% perfectly in every place i listen to it.
In the first 2 weeks they were a litlle a strange, but once it got more hours of using, all i can say is...Wow
Here in the video-editing room they have Genelecs, and a tv connected to the Avid video rig, and both sound perfect.
10 different headphones and in all of them it sits well...
Its the best thing i ve done for myself to ugpgrade my monitor chain
Lavry Da 11-AdamA7x...AMAZING!!!
Even if their not the biggest ones, the sub in it its translate really well, and in my not big control room they are gold!!!
Old 17th July 2015
Lives for gear

when I got my Adam A7X after 6 years+ of using KRK Rokit RP5... it's like seeing for the first time. Enjoy them!
Old 17th July 2015
Gear Addict

I have been mixing on A7Xs for several years now. You're correct that they translate very well.
Old 17th July 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezul View Post
when I got my Adam A7X after 6 years+ of using KRK Rokit RP5... it's like seeing for the first time. Enjoy them!
I know what you mean. One of the strangest/happiest sensation ever
Old 17th July 2015
Here for the gear

I'm considering buying them, but I'm really concerned about their bass response. Is there enough bass to mix modern Heavy Metal and DnB music ? Also did you have any issues with the port noise ?
Old 18th July 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilingJD View Post
I'm considering buying them, but I'm really concerned about their bass response. Is there enough bass to mix modern Heavy Metal and DnB music ? Also did you have any issues with the port noise ?
No port noise. I added an Adam Sub8 to cover the really low stuff. But they translate really well without the sub.
Old 18th July 2015
ECM
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilingJD View Post
Plenty enough low end room dependent. But you can tweak the dials on the back to adjust. You should be able to hear pretty clearly down to around 40Hz on them if setup ok. But more importantly like the user above they do translate very well. A set of headphones or a sub is always handy to hear what's going on further down, along side any monitors.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search