The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analog mixers with built-in compressor ?
Old 15th July 2015
Lives for gear

Analog mixers with built-in compressor ?

Hi

I'm looking for a list of all analog mixers that come with an analog compressors on each channel.

any idea where i could find this ?

thx
Old 15th July 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidusername View Post
Hi

I'm looking for a list of all analog mixers that come with an analog compressors on each channel.

thx
So you are looking hi end consoles..?
Old 16th July 2015
Gear Head

I believe some of the analog yamaha mixers feature one knob compression on channels. Mg series I think? Not the high end by any means but compression non the less.
Old 16th July 2015
Lives for gear

You are not going to find many smaller or lower end consoles with on board compression.

If you are looking for on board compression you are are going to need to decide if you want a digital console (tascam DM3200/4800, Yamaha DM1k, 2k, etc), or an all analog console (AMEK, SSL, some Neve's), or even a digitally controlled analog board (Euphonix CS2k/3k, Otari concept 1, Otari Elite plus).

Most all of these have some kind of on board compression at least as an option.

How much are you willing to spend?
Old 16th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidusername View Post
Hi

thx
The new Daking console has a fantastic comp on each channel. Not to mention amazing mic pre and a killer eq
Old 16th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Burrows View Post
The new Daking console has a fantastic comp on each channel. Not to mention amazing mic pre and a killer eq
Old 16th July 2015
Tree Roots console.

My dream.
Old 16th July 2015
Lives for gear

There was a similar thread some years ago. You might want to use the search function.

Besides that ADT Audio offers varios desks in various configurations with channel compressors, Expanders, Gates, etc.... See here: Analog Audio Console Systems
Old 16th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridgman View Post
You are not going to find many smaller or lower end consoles with on board compression.

If you are looking for on board compression you are are going to need to decide if you want a digital console (tascam DM3200/4800, Yamaha DM1k, 2k, etc), or an all analog console (AMEK, SSL, some Neve's), or even a digitally controlled analog board (Euphonix CS2k/3k, Otari concept 1, Otari Elite plus).

Most all of these have some kind of on board compression at least as an option.

How much are you willing to spend?

Even the cheap Behringer mixers starting at 80,- and most of their competition have onboard compression at least on all mic channels.

Behringer Xenyx X1222 USB

Behringer Xenyx Q802 USB
Old 16th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkP View Post
Even the cheap Behringer mixers starting at 80,- and most of their competition have onboard compression at least on all mic channels.

Behringer Xenyx X1222 USB

Behringer Xenyx Q802 USB
I would not recommend the B word to anyone. That is just wrong in my opinion.

Besides those are not "Analog Consoles" in a true sense as they also have a USB interface as part of the package.

Jim
Old 16th July 2015
Gear Addict

Any links for the new Daking Console? I've tried searching around but my google fu only turned up a picture which may have had the console off in some dark corner of the frame. That was as close as I got.
Old 16th July 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
I would not recommend the B word to anyone. That is just wrong in my opinion.

Besides those are not "Analog Consoles" in a true sense as they also have a USB interface as part of the package.

Jim
Those little behringer mixers don't actually sound bad at all anymore. I played with one the other night at an open mic night. I was suprised how nice the pre's sounded. Pretty clean and you could crank them. Acoustic guitars sounded decent for a change. And I don't think the OP has 40k+ to spend on a Neve either.
Old 16th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by costas14 View Post
Those little behringer mixers don't actually sound bad at all anymore. I played with one the other night at an open mic night. I was suprised how nice the pre's sounded. Pretty clean and you could crank them. Acoustic guitars sounded decent for a change. And I don't think the OP has 40k+ to spend on a Neve either.
Not saying they sound bad, just bad longevity with Behringer. I also gave several options with used AMEK, and USED SSL, and several other USED boards that are all less than 10K these days. So.... Again Read what I suggested and do some research.

Jim
Old 16th July 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Not saying they sound bad, just bad longevity with Behringer. I also gave several options with used AMEK, and USED SSL, and several other USED boards that are all less than 10K these days. So.... Again Read what I suggested and do some research.

Jim
Where are these used SSL boards for under 10k? I need one.
Old 16th July 2015
Lives for gear

There isn't anything except maybe the Daking that has a good compressor on the input channels.
I have never heard the Daking compressor that is on the channel strip, but his stand-alone piece is quite good.
Daking tends not to design and build junk.
Old 16th July 2015
Lives for gear

neve vr, Emi TG12345, Soundtracs Solitaire / Jade.
Old 16th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by costas14 View Post
Where are these used SSL boards for under 10k? I need one.
Good luck with an SSL for under 10K. I saw an SSL for 25K the other day. An otari and A euphonix for 7k.

Jim

Last edited by jimbridgman; 16th July 2015 at 05:53 PM..
Old 16th July 2015
Gear Addict

Yeah I can't find anything solid on a new Daking console either. What console are we talking about?
Old 16th July 2015
Lives for gear

Neve 88r
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search