The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Whitney Houston is selling off things from her studio... Sound Enhancers & Exciters (HW)
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Whitney Houston is selling off things from her studio...

Old 3rd January 2007
Gear nut

ill take the whole rack
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear
Somewhere near the bottom it's noted it is a court ordered sale. Howabout that.
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Well, their home was foreclosed.
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Someone at the auction office knows API gear, because that didn't get listed in the sale. Hmmmmmmm
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Crack is wack.
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Seems she did have good taste in something huh?
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

It wasn't husbands.Or music.
Old 3rd January 2007
Jai guru deva om

I believe bankruptcies are the future...

Sung to the tune of...oh come on you know...

War
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for food

Woah, I just looked at the entire pdf list. She has more stuff than Guitar Center does! I like the line "assorted Bobby Brown awards".
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

"I wanna see the receipts..." heh
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

All in all guys... it's really kinda sad.
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

thats way sad.

I wonder if she knew what any of that audio eqt. was , or even new how to use it?
Old 3rd January 2007

I hope she pulls thru all this stuff and is OK. I'm prayin' for her.
Old 3rd January 2007
Gear Guru

Say what you want about her, but unlike a lot of modern "singers', the woman really can sing!
Old 3rd January 2007
Gear interested

Crucially depressing...
Old 3rd January 2007
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by James 'LA' Lugo View Post
I hope she pulls thru all this stuff and is OK. I'm prayin' for her.
Me too James...She is a sister + it's so easy to judge when the chips are down. You are a good dude James. I still get a tear in my eye when I hear her sing.

Great touchin' base with you the other day. Breeze is starting to really happen. Next time you come to Miami, let's hang.

Best,

Kenny
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for Jesus

Sometimes we have to be brought to the lowest point to realize what we are doing is a dead end.

I hope they both come out of this

Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

When I was about nineteen I flew with my dad on a business trip to Memphis, Tenn.
I just wanted to fly on a plane and get to go somewhere with my dad.
It was his dime, so why not go?
That was my "goal."
I went along.

His "goal" was to teach me a lesson.
He thought I was stupid for wanting to be in the music business.

He told me that we were going to a building that he owned and he had to oversee the eviction of a tenant. They were WAY behind on lease payments.

Who was the tenant?
It was Isaac Hayes.
He had a cool studio there, too!
The Shelby County Sherrif's Office stopped the session in progress, ushered everyone out the door and put a lock on the door.

I inherited part ownership of that building after my dad died.
Would I have tossed Isaac out?
Hell yes.
We sold that building in 1998.

No one is going to help me pay my mortgage.
Why should I help them?

James, do you actually feel sorry for someone who obviously has a wonderful talent and still chooses to throw it away? You teach voice. You can recognize that she once had a beautiful instrument. She faces the same choices we all do every day. We could all loose everything to drugs if we were that stupid. I feel more sorry for someone who also has a great instrument and never gets the chances that she did! Maybe they wouldn't throw it all away, but they'll never get the chance.

Call it what it is!
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

what dbbubba said.
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

I hope all the abuse hasn't wasted her voice, man that lady had some pipes.
Old 3rd January 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbubba View Post
James, do you actually feel sorry for someone who obviously has a wonderful talent and still chooses to throw it away? You teach voice. You can recognize that she once had a beautiful instrument. She faces the same choices we all do every day. We could all loose everything to drugs if we were that stupid. I feel more sorry for someone who also has a great instrument and never gets the chances that she did! Maybe they wouldn't throw it all away, but they'll never get the chance.

Call it what it is!

I'll prey for her, that's it. I've had my problems and had people that slammed me and others were supportive. I personally chose to try to be supportive because I think there's enough negativity surrounding her and Bobby. That situation doesn't need me to pile on.
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

On one hand it is very, very sad.

The other hand is of course, that the auction is about 9 miles from where I live and the day after my birthday.
I am so there.
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Call it what it is!
All he said is that he is praying for her.

Was that offensive to you? If you were in a "state of prison" like she may be in, I think you would probably feel a benefit from some prayers, and breaks.

I know I would.

Im not saying she shouldnt have to give it all up for bills, if thats what it is, thats what it is.

I however dont think someone should fester "you deserve it" attitudes towards others having problems like this. Where is your mercy going to come from if you have similar trials??
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

I can see your way of thinking James and although I might seem cold for saying this, I just don't have much sympathy for people who either had a "gift" or incredible luck and used the proceeds to destroy their own lives. They made some other peope sad as well I bet.

I can appreciate their gift and talent, but I don't have to have anymore sympathy for them because they are famous and gifted. That just makes it more wrong. In fact, they aren't THAT special... there are other equally "gifted" people who don't have this linage:

Houston's mother Cissy, first cousin (Dionne Warwick) and godmother (Aretha Franklin) were all notable figures in the music industry for their gospel, rhythm and blues and soul music recordings.
Well great, she was damn near born into it and she destroyed it.
Like I said, that was the easy part for her.
The part that messed everything up was available to everyone of us.

I have seen A LOT of musicians and "artists" who would have almost certianly lived a happier life had they NOT been discovered.
In fact, I've personally known a few pretty good people who would be ALIVE if they didn't get famous.

If you have a gift and are lucky enough to get paid money for it and then you use that money to F*CK UP your life then you didn't use your assets too wisely.

Fame can be a DEADLY thing.
Be carefull what you ask for.... you might get it.
It doesn't garantee happiness.
In fact, the odds are NOT in your favor.

I'll even add this...
I really don't have to care what a person is like if I want to enjoy their music.
I have met some jerks and some nice people, too.
Some of the jerks and low lifes made some pretty cool stuff.
I don't know what Stravinski, Bethoven, Webern, Varese, Ligetti, Berg, Ives, Bach, Honeger, or even Frank Zappa were like personally. They could have all been royal a-holes, but I sure dig their music. That's enough.
At least they hung around long enough to create some good stuff!

I am sick to death of "special" people who mess up.
In fact, I am sick to death of people who can't run their lives.
Meth, crack? It's obvious what the outcome is.
Does anyone EVER cheat the odds and come out "OK?"
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

I have no sympathy for her, she lived and died by the sword and thats what she chose. I feel bad for her kids, but her and her husband are trash....
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Does anyone EVER cheat the odds and come out "OK?"
Yes, there are people who make it out alive. But the mortality is greater than most cancers. Like it or not addiction is an illness. The illness is not a moral issue but some illnesses result in people doing immoral things. Any person who takes comfort in thinking he/she is above falling is on thin ice.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search