The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
SRX-11 and SRX-12
Old 2nd January 2007
Lives for gear

SRX-11 and SRX-12

Hi guys,

hopefilly I am right here? I am still on my quest for a nice piano sound. The real pity is, that I have a nice old Bechstein Piano, but it is away from my studio and not in the condition to be transported without being damaged.

At the moment I use Reason Piano Refill and Kontakts August Foerster Piano which sound okay, but not perfect in my opinion! Would you say that the Fantom Cards offer a better value? I putted the EPiano board into this thread too, becuase I heard many people which are quite happy with that one, but they use it live! Better than Reason Electro-Mechanical Refill???

Please give comments!

Happy new year to you all!
Old 22nd May 2007
Lives for gear

Noone tried them?
Old 22nd May 2007
Gear Head

They're supposed to be really nice but rumour has it they're going to be or already are discontinued and selling for dirt cheap. I don't know how true these rumours are though, but worth checking out none the less. The Piano SRX card apparently has some strange artefact (on C3 IIRC), but don't let that put you off. If I had room in my XV 5080 (and money to spend), I'd have both of these.

Cheers,
Peter
Old 22nd May 2007
Deleted User
I have the SRX -02 Piano board in my XV5080. Ive hear that the SRX11 blows mine away. The SRX -02 is OK at best. The samples have a kinda fizzy sound on all of them IMO, sorta like a cracked soundboard on the piano if ya know what I mean. Youd have to hear them to understand. I thought my monitors had issues at first LOL. I use the piano board expansion in my Korg Triton more often than not. I think IVORY would be the way to go and will be my next piano.
Old 22nd May 2007
Lives for gear

I too am very interested in hearing some opinions of the SRX-11 "Complete Piano" card.

I wonder how this would compare to say the pianos in a Clavia Nord Electro2 unit?

Here are Roland SRX card demos:

Roland SRX Demos

-
Old 22nd May 2007
Lives for gear

thanks 666666

already heard the demos! but i would be insterested in a case study or somehting from someone who did a job with it!

It is always better to get something like that. Heard some guys here that are addicted to Ivory and some of them say that the Akoustik Piano from NI is not so good. But I heard about Jazz and Classic recordings with that one! So it can not be this bad!
Old 23rd May 2007
Lives for gear

Hi Andrew

the Roland SRX11 sounds good (have it here in my 5080) - although in Cubase I prefer to work with the Steinberg Galaxy

Grüße nach Wellingsbüttel
Old 24th May 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicsound-2 View Post
Hi Andrew

the Roland SRX11 sounds good (have it here in my 5080) - although in Cubase I prefer to work with the Steinberg Galaxy

Grüße nach Wellingsbüttel
Danke Musicsound und grüße zurück nach Sasel!

Wann treffen wir uns auf ein Bier / einen Wein? Than you can show me yoour setup! Or I show you mine.

Back to Theme: Would you say you use it for tracks or more as an composing aid (Useful for Arrangement and songwriting, later exchanges ba another Piano?)
Old 5th June 2007
Lives for gear

anyone have the srx-07(?) Ultimate keys? Anyone have any for sale?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search