The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Drawmer 1961
Old 5th October 2002
Lives for gear

Drawmer 1961

Two British acts who sound I like a lot- Rae and Christian and Roni Size- both use this EQ.

They both also use the 1960 compressor which has been discussed here and there quite a bit already.

Does anyone else here use or have experience of the 1961?

It doesn't tend to get mentioned much, any idea's why?

Does the '61 sound like any other EQ?

Thanks for any responses.
Old 31st October 2002
Lives for gear

Fletcher, any plans on a 1970 Mercenary edition of the '61...?
Old 31st October 2002
Lives for gear

Re: Drawmer 1961

Quote:
Originally posted by Renie
Two British acts who sound I like a lot- Rae and Christian and Roni Size- both use this EQ.

It doesn't tend to get mentioned much, any idea's why?
What do you think?

Just joking...rollz I like those bands too!
Concerning the 1961, I think that if it was really amazing people would have talked about it a bit though... In comparison, the (pardon me everyone...) TLA EQ-1 and EQ-2 have been somewhat popular over here and I think they had a lot of good press in the UK in their time.

My personal encounters with the Drawmer 1960 have always left a bad aftertaste...

I personally flip over the Massive Passive as far as toob eq goes. Hopefully I'll be able to put one full time in my studio soon...

Ciao!
Old 1st November 2002
member no 666

Quote:
Originally posted by Renie
Fletcher, any plans on a 1970 Mercenary edition of the '61...?

None, zero, nada... zilch. The 1961 isn't all that special... and more importantly... the world already has a ton of excellent EQ's of all shapes and sizes... I don't feel another is necessary.

The 1969 exists because I was forced to use a 1960 for too much stuff on a record because of a specific producer... from there, the project shifted to becoming my "wet dream" of what a 2 buss compressor should be...

As long as companies like Speck, GML, API, Crane Song, Manley, Avalon and a bunch of others happen to make equalizers... I'm good for EQ.

Best of luck with your search...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search