The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mastering signal chain help/advice Amp Sim & Guitar Effects Plugins
Old 4th May 2015
Gear Head
Mastering signal chain help/advice

Sorry in advance if this may or may not be in this right part of the forum.

So I saw this video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GNMTl3Xeg0
(SKIP TO 9:25 TO SEE ANALOG SIGNAL CHAIN)

and tried to contact the author about the signal chain on his mastering process(although many may consider it being rather mid-level) and did not reach much luck(He responded to my first post,sorry).

I was wondering if anyone knows how to do this same chain using an Eleven Rack as the audio interface(it has spdif out) and a preamp such as the SSL Alpha Channel(those have spdif in/out as well)???

I want to do mastering similar to this although I know I am not a mastering engineer or have the proper acoustics,yadda yadda....I am on a $1000 budget and would like to spend it perhaps on a preamp but buying a Mytek+API A2D is over the budget obviously. I see the SSL Alpha as a thing for both mastering and mixing. I would really love to know opinions or advice on this matter. Please help guys, Thank you.

Ken
Old 4th May 2015
Gear Head
bump

Use the video link as a reference and skip to 9 minutes and 25 seconds into the video. He explains the analog signal chain. What I'm pretty much asking is: Instead of using the API A2D Preamp and the Mytek, can I just use an SSL Alpha Link Preamp and my AVID Eleven Rack interface and do the same thing he does?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search