The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Aphex 207
Old 5th October 2002
Lives for gear

Aphex 207

I'm looking at buying a couple of channels of cheap mic pres. The idea is to take a Roland VS1880 out to record at various locations, and then come back to the studio and dump them onto Radar for overdubbing.

I need something dirt cheap that will better the (supercrap) pres in the Roland.

any experience with the Aphex 207? Or is the TL Audio 5001 worth considering?

My only alternative is to drag either my Buzz MA2.2 around (sod that!) or my TL Audio C1, but I'd rather it was something less valuable, as this really is non-critical work.

Mikes will be AT4033s, KM184s, TLM103s or AKG 414TLIIs, depending on circumstances.

Any thoughts?
Old 5th October 2002
Lives for gear

re: Aphex 207

Hola-

I've been looking for some cheaper stereo pre's myself ($400-$500 range) and I've been pointed in a few directions. The Presonus MP20 is well regarded by a lot of folks and can be had for about $450. The new FMR RNP should be out fairly soon and some folks are making it out to be on par with the 2nd coming It seems like it'll be a nice little pre for the money ($475) for sure. Some folks pointed me to the 207 as well and I've heard good things about their higher end pre's and I've also heard the limiting function on the 207 is great.

I'd be interested to hear what you end up getting and how it works for you. I personally think I'll be waiting for the RNP to come out and get some thorough reviews before I make my choice.

Good luck.

Lee

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search