The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So many guitars, so little time

Options 2nd Hand Guitars & Backline
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Ok boys, I know your gear addiction and quest for the perfect tone trickles down to your floor gear. Let's see what you got. I'll...

Stratgirl
replies: 2,261 views: 631,306
Sailsvt 4 days ago

Here are some links to threads which are very good and a useful & informative read! Check 'em out to broaden your...

Whitecat
replies: 8 views: 14,578
John Eppstein 20th October 2017

It fills me with self-loathing to start yet another dreaded “which is better” thread, but I’m terribly anal and get...

scadh
replies: 42 views: 1,178
Early21 3 minutes ago

I decided that I am going to buy a Les Paul Custom this week, as I've always wanted one. I'm pretty certain that used is the way...

tfbattag
replies: 16 views: 556
John Eppstein 12 minutes ago

Worldwide too, unlike Fender who are USA-only at the moment. Huh. The days of plentiful bricks and mortar are numbered for...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 30
Whitecat 1 hour ago

Hello! I recently purchased a used Marshall JCM 900 Mark III. I love the amp, but I'm getting some pretty bad hum from my...

jonesmalone
replies: 3 views: 279
Tnevz 1 hour ago

anyone ever seen one of these things? no model number, just the name "serenader" on the front of it. no info on...

robotchicken
replies: 1 views: 92
kafka 2 hours ago

Here's a couple of mine. Class 5 & PRRI

blakestree
replies: 50 views: 2,975
Tnevz 3 hours ago

Anybody remember a micing system introduced by Zyldjian in the 80s? As I recall it had it's own little mixer and 8 or 10 cuboid...

clump
replies: 2 views: 65
clump 4 hours ago

Yes, you read that right. I'm trying to reproduce my own sound lol. The problem is, I have not been able to reproduce my sound...

tonewheelz
replies: 21 views: 537
norbury brook 4 hours ago

My lead guitar guitarist just told told that he saw on Facebook that Guitar Center is finally closing. I have not seen the post...

John Eppstein
replies: 227 views: 10,263
Kronos147 5 hours ago

Okay, “terrible” might be an exaggeration, but it doesn’t exactly sound great, either. Guitar is a 2002 Gibson LP Special...

renaud_
replies: 9 views: 501
Bob Olhsson 6 hours ago

Hey all! This my first post here. Feels good to finally be joining the community. Anyways, I'm currently running a 1969 Bassman...

Codyh630
replies: 6 views: 303
litepipe 6 hours ago

So it's well known that some pedals sound good/interesting when the battery is dying. There's even dying battery simulators on...

Subverter
replies: 9 views: 576
litepipe 6 hours ago

Hi, i am new here, and i want to hear from you guys which amp sim plug-in do you recomend me to buy? Precisely, which one do you...

Stojzz
replies: 29 views: 2,361
litepipe 6 hours ago

Hi, I spent a fairly large amount of time designing this thing last summer. It's inspired by the old Green/Matamp amps from the...

stonerbox
replies: 14 views: 698
stonerbox 10 hours ago

This tone is insane! Its tight and defined, yet super gainy at the same time.... It almost feels scooped, but its...

terr0rgasm
replies: 20 views: 1,306
Mikal69 19 hours ago

I have run into a couple of references in which people have run their electric guitars into such a pedal with very good results. ...

razorboy
replies: 0 views: 157
razorboy 21 hours ago

I was talking to a luthier the other day about some problems with my Godin, and somehow we got on the topic of Gibson's scale...

Mikhael
replies: 20 views: 627
AnthonyG 1 day ago

I started playing guitar about a year ago by purchasing an inexpensive Yamaha acoustic guitar. I have pretty much outgrown it so...

Crazy4Jazz
replies: 22 views: 689
Lenzo 1 day ago

I went to visit sam ash on 34th street yesterday, and i was amazed at the prices on some guitars, I have only ever bought one new...

patshep
replies: 90 views: 2,252
patshep 1 day ago

Hey guys. A few months ago I received Fryettes new reactive Power Load to take the load of my 180w Diezel Herbert amp, and to...

ChrisIhao
replies: 4 views: 317
onewire 1 day ago

Time for another gear emulation comparison! This video is all about comparing the Mesa Boogie MKIV emulations in the following...

Guitarjon
replies: 26 views: 1,316
brockorama 1 day ago

Not sure if I can post this here... Amazing effects for sure!!! :) :) :) YouTube That just made my day.

Schoeller
replies: 4 views: 358
Schoeller 1 day ago

My dad bought a banjo more than 50 years ago. According to him he paid $500 usd for it, which would be closer to a million...

toowrongfoo
replies: 7 views: 344
John Eppstein 2 days ago

Hey all, I just picked up an Eleven Rack a week ago, I have been temporaily been displaced from my studio, so I thought why not,...

Mikeitloud
replies: 8 views: 718
RiF 2 days ago

I record with clean or almost-clean guitar sounds. At the moment I am battling with software (S-Gear and others) and I am...

razorboy
replies: 0 views: 227
razorboy 2 days ago
replies: 2 views: 445
toowrongfoo 2 days ago

Hi guys! Time for episode 3 of my 'Clean, Crunch, Rock & Metal' platform demonstration video series! This one is all...

Guitarjon
replies: 5 views: 602
razorboy 3 days ago

Hey there! My question is pretty straightforward, are guitar pedals and distortions in particular analog by default as in when...

Phyrex
replies: 5 views: 454
John Eppstein 4 days ago

Hi, I´m tired of not liking my bass sound, and instead of buying more plug ins and pre amps, this time I´ll go to the...

Virgil
replies: 67 views: 24,066
Jim Williams 4 days ago

I'm looking for ideas and maybe consensus.... I noticed that one pickup was buzzing against the side of the route-outs when...

tINY
replies: 10 views: 418
tINY 4 days ago

Whats the take on the blackstar heads? Used a pedal which was sweet, but never an amp. Got a friend whos looking into one and...

craig9045
replies: 19 views: 9,122
Gio P 4 days ago

Anyone tried the Blackstar Artisan 100 head? When I visited their factory they didn't have one in ( I didn't even know they...

Blast9
replies: 3 views: 764
Gio P 4 days ago

i knew this thing was good on bass, but i've never been able to use my radial jdi on electric guitar with any amp sims... now i...

patshep
replies: 9 views: 466
John Eppstein 4 days ago

Hello. I just saw replacement pickguards on ebay with the peripheral mounting holes omitted. How perfect is that? Changing...

lame pseudonym
replies: 0 views: 269
lame pseudonym 4 days ago

Hi guys, I have a Laney IRT Studio for about 1 year, and I m thinking about changing the tubes for the 1st time. It comes with...

vellocet
replies: 7 views: 357
John Eppstein 4 days ago

Most such critters seem to be specializing in distortion, which makes sense since so many prayers are after those sounds, but I...

razorboy
replies: 10 views: 375
razorboy 4 days ago

They're skipping the show in favor of concentrating on consumer electronics at CES. Henry J shoots himself in the foot again,...

John Eppstein
replies: 39 views: 1,272
John Eppstein 4 days ago

What is causing the high frequency noise that can be heard on top of the normal singe coil noise? Facts: 1) The noise...

Tobias Valentin
replies: 56 views: 1,506
John Eppstein 5 days ago

Hi there! Wondering if anyone knows how you take the grille cloth off a Little Lanilei 3350LT? It's a 2017 model. Not sure if I...

billguitarvin
replies: 4 views: 276
billguitarvin 5 days ago

i just got one of these off reverb.com for $300... damn i love this thing... what a great practice amp, and the first of it's...

patshep
replies: 0 views: 208
patshep 5 days ago

Hi guys, im looking for a second hand gear ( on a budget) and i'm between these two, ehx memory toy and deep blue delay by mad...

arkada
replies: 0 views: 210
arkada 5 days ago

I'm looking for someone who preferably can handle the Royal Blood type of sound for a very short track I'm doing. I know RB are...

bigbongo
replies: 0 views: 254
bigbongo 5 days ago

Just placed my order for the Tronical Tuner+ Type C for my MIM Strat. Typically I avoid stuff that doesn't have a good amount of...

bobpick68
replies: 23 views: 749
littleeden 5 days ago

What if real drummers in the studio are done? In a world where we're constantly looking to do things quicker and easier, would it...

Chevron
replies: 589 views: 11,524
John Eppstein 5 days ago

Recently got into the Chet/ Jerry style of playing, only finger picking before that were Zeppelin tunes. I saw Jerry's Breakdown...

Nate Wade
replies: 41 views: 1,145
ivansc 5 days ago

I have an Ibanez CS-9 Stereo chorus pedal that I run out of the FX loop of one amp, and split the two stereo outs to the returns...

bvdd
replies: 20 views: 691
bvdd 6 days ago

Hello I have got this Barnett Davies 15/30 tube combo amp for a while. It is a high quality hand made tube amp btw, and the...

mariuste86
replies: 12 views: 420
John Eppstein 6 days ago

Hi there! Is there a way to control the RC-30 RHYTHM function through a footswitch? It seens that the Boss FS-6 only...

rhtsouza
replies: 0 views: 191
rhtsouza 6 days ago

Hey guys! i purchased a scarlett 2nd gen. And Sorry but i dont understand! At what level should the gain be set? If i put it at...

willy25
replies: 2 views: 254
willy25 6 days ago

So, I've seen a lot of posts over the years about putting a mic up over the shoulder of the artist for tracking acoustic guitar. ...

TurboJets
replies: 6 views: 460
Brent Hahn 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search