The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Tonewood Amp
Options 2nd Hand Guitars & Backline
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Ok boys, I know your gear addiction and quest for the perfect tone trickles down to your floor gear. Let's see what you got. I'll...

Stratgirl
replies: 2,524 views: 809,072
User4114 3rd July 2020

Going to have to take a zero-tolerance one-strike approach on this stuff because some of you guys just can't seem to stay out of...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 5,376
Whitecat 24th February 2020

Here are some links to threads which are very good and a useful & informative read! Check 'em out to broaden your...

Whitecat
replies: 18 views: 35,885
Roll Tape 21st January 2020

I'm in the market for one of those 1 or 5 or 15 watt tube heads. From what I've heard, I like the Bugera and the Blackstar (I...

szegedin
replies: 11 views: 420
foldback 1 hour ago

Hi all, sorry for the huge post - here's a tech question regarding my stratocaster. I bought this guitar used a long while...

stefangs
replies: 30 views: 231
Rick Dalton 2 hours ago

Just curious if anyone could help me identify the brand of this guitar? The person who gave it to me for free speculated that...

saarith
replies: 3 views: 107
John Eppstein 2 hours ago

Evening lads! Long story short I've had a '91 Clapton Strat for ages, that never sounded very good...so at one point I took off...

TonalDynamics
replies: 0 views: 30
TonalDynamics 2 hours ago

I've got a guitar part I'm unable to re-record any time soon. Its an acoustic guitar recording that is somehow nasally, shrill,...

newguy1
replies: 4 views: 156

I've got a project stratocaster I'm workin on. HSS configuration Basically, I never use the tone pots. Even on single coils. I...

RonCarlston
replies: 3 views: 112

Hello Gearslutz, I recently played a Harmony Jupiter reissue at a local shop (before Covid obviously). I thought it was a...

Mooseherman
replies: 6 views: 270

Hi. I have an EV PA system and a Mackie mixer that is very clean and full range. I go direct with my Telecaster and vocal mic...

Jazz+
replies: 12 views: 4,675
merco19 3 hours ago

Hi, How can I get Tight strumming like in this song (3:24-3:28) I tried to strumming with Fender thin pick but it's sounds...

aviorrok
replies: 6 views: 202
AfterViewer 3 hours ago

I've been having a problem with my guitar tone for as long as I can remember that I could never quite figure out. First let me...

Hunter123
replies: 3 views: 107
Hunter123 5 hours ago

Sorry for the dumb questions but I know very little about pickups. How do I remove the control part? Seems like it's stuck...

Friedfingaz
replies: 14 views: 301
John Eppstein 5 hours ago

I recently got a Vox AC30 cc2, and the reverb tanks are notoriously crappy and frequently replaced. Before this amp, I was...

joythirstpop
replies: 20 views: 291
John Eppstein 5 hours ago

So I’m about to put in a order on a Revv G20 and I just wanted to hear other’s opinions on it before I pull the trigger....

MajesticXII
replies: 1 views: 114
Tnevz 7 hours ago

Hey all, I'm going to pick up a bass which will be almost exclusively be used to record DIs when I need a live bass 'feel' on...

GazC
replies: 98 views: 2,875
Bob Ross 8 hours ago

New to tube replacement. I need to replace the tubes in my amp / power and pre. Looking for tubes that accentuate the tight low...

Axylrock
replies: 2 views: 75
ElliotG 9 hours ago

I had a George Benson Hot Rod Deluxe. Although the clean tone could not be compared to a Super reverb or other classic Fenders,...

DanTheMan06
replies: 90 views: 2,548
vintagelove 16 hours ago

Hi everyone, my strat is dead - he shop tells me that two pickups have shorted out and are broken. Is this even...

stefangs
replies: 15 views: 511
stefangs 18 hours ago

Hey GS! I have a buddy that bought a Marshall JCM800 years back. He claims someone once put an O scope on it and did something...

camacozie
replies: 19 views: 512
camacozie 18 hours ago

Hi everyone, I have a Larrivee OM-01 which I really like. It does fingerstyle best, gorgeous! Strumming is also nice, single...

Guitarking
replies: 1 views: 135
becks bolero 20 hours ago

Hi fellow noise makers, I've been making songs with my computer and a moog synth for a few years... I guess you could say what...

Riot07
replies: 55 views: 1,044
Yuri Kogan 22 hours ago

I just picked up this amp.  It will be my first Kay amp.  Usually the Kay tube amps I see are widow maker amps that I pass...

tigerzilly
replies: 21 views: 566
enorbet2 22 hours ago

While I posted this in another thread, I'm starting a new one that will hopefully be more technical and reasoned. I hate posting...

tINY
replies: 234 views: 12,841
Raaphorst 23 hours ago

Foreword: I'm aware this is a mic question in a guitar forum, but the primary target is square on a guitar cabinet. There is a...

camacozie
replies: 0 views: 97
camacozie 1 day ago

I can't decide if I want to buy a Katana-100 MkII 212 or 112. Is there a big difference in tonal character between a one speaker...

Chet_Rockstone
replies: 26 views: 468
Chet_Rockstone 1 day ago

I think it would be cool if a pedal company would provide another, separate bottom cover for their pedals so that you could use...

mikegentry
replies: 6 views: 199
kslight 1 day ago

In an unprecedented move, UPS arrived this morning (rather than their usual 8pm delivery schedule to me) to deliver my new...

EpicEsquire
replies: 4 views: 252
wagz 2 days ago

Hi all, first time poster here. I recently moved from the UK to Spain and am having issues with high-pitch buzzing from my...

Greid
replies: 12 views: 321
John Eppstein 2 days ago

Hello, I'd like to be able to change my sound while playing, so some of the notes I am playing sound hotter than other...

ttblum
replies: 1 views: 225
ttblum 2 days ago

Howdy yall Spent some time perusing threads on here in regards to the best electric guitar tones at low volumes and have yet...

sports_poem
replies: 17 views: 563
[email protected] 2 days ago

Hi all, I’ve been having some serious issues with dirty power in my flat that I cannot resolve. I want to find an...

Greid
replies: 4 views: 253
John Eppstein 2 days ago

So far the Pigtronix Infinity, EHX 95000, and Boomerang iii are at a head in battle tonight. With so much information learned I...

Moglo527
replies: 7 views: 1,104
jo.Jo 3 days ago

I'm getting good at finding tube amps that will never be worth anything. I was browsing the postings and came across this Peavey...

tigerzilly
replies: 10 views: 674
tigerzilly 3 days ago

Alright - bear with me - all I want to do is use Ox for what Ox does, but loop through my Apollo X4 and use my studio monitors,...

Jeff Radford
replies: 2 views: 110
bmanzer 3 days ago

I'm looking for an affordable 00/000-45 style guitar with slotted headstock and rosette, abalone purflings etc. (the more the...

erike123
replies: 6 views: 384
RBHan 3 days ago

I’m planning to build my first pedalboard and I’ve been using the “pedalboard planer-app”. I don’t seem to find the...

MajesticXII
replies: 37 views: 709
Rick Dalton 3 days ago

The other day someone had a post about Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" and it really got me thinking about how bad @ss...

rockrev
replies: 1,194 views: 94,605
Mikhael 3 days ago

Just bought a guitar and I'm considering a Fender Mustang GTX. Whats the roundtrip latency on digital amps? freshflowe

Pali
replies: 2 views: 188
tenderboy 3 days ago

Hello, I am ready to purchase a new guitar. I play blues almost excLusively. I have settle on a PRS. Either a core 22 or...

Mlapp
replies: 4 views: 221
Yuri Kogan 4 days ago

Greetz Maybe I should've titled this thread Invasion of the Robot Soldiers who are taking over and many would say ruining Music...

enorbet2
replies: 38 views: 870
John Eppstein 4 days ago

I was thinking back when I mounted the Triple Play on an Martin D28 Satin Spruce Top. I had used the clear magnetic mount, The TP...

Rick Dalton
replies: 0 views: 154
Rick Dalton 4 days ago

Hi Slutz, looking for some feedback from others that have the Kahayan 8x4 Midi amp switcher with serial #1097 or higher. I...

BlindLemonOrange
replies: 5 views: 563
Joe_A 4 days ago

I cannot find a guitar to pair up with my Tele. My tele is a MIM standard tele with a 3 saddle brass bridge and Di Marzio Twang...

Gab_Azz
replies: 6 views: 294
Sloppy 4 days ago

Hi all, first time poster! I'm mainly a keys player, using a Nord Stage 2 live for rhodes sounds. I loooove recording through...

wickni
replies: 1 views: 133
Yuri Kogan 4 days ago

Hey guys! Need some advice. I have this custom made telecaster deluxe that is very sweet. Sadly, the bridge pickup is a dimarzio...

MisterKilgore
replies: 6 views: 221
Yuri Kogan 4 days ago

I saw this ad and figured it was some sort of plugin. I was wrong. Looks cool, it will be interesting to see if it...

noah330
replies: 67 views: 10,796
Yuri Kogan 5 days ago

this is kind of a theoretical question, but after shielding my cavities and single coils, i read this article about shielding...

hedgehognrown
replies: 13 views: 361
hedgehognrown 6 days ago

Hi everybody, I am a producer/songwriter and recently started to take my guitar learning and recording more seriously. I've...

Stayf
replies: 0 views: 166
Stayf 6 days ago

Hi all, I'm using more and more my bass these days, even if I'm more a (mediocre) guitarist. IOW, I have no consistent...

cubic13
replies: 23 views: 785
John Eppstein 1 week ago

The Digitech Trio Plus is a fun toy, but there are some things that people need to understand if considering buying this. The...

Kiwi
replies: 104 views: 79,697
bdfitz 1 week ago

I've got a Dark Matter distortion pedal that I simply can't tame. I want to be able to use the volume pedal (a Fender FVP-1...

optofonik
replies: 9 views: 318
litepipe 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search