The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Tonewood Amp
Options 2nd Hand Guitars & Backline
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Ok boys, I know your gear addiction and quest for the perfect tone trickles down to your floor gear. Let's see what you got. I'll...

Stratgirl
replies: 2,492 views: 779,267
vernier 34 minutes ago

Going to have to take a zero-tolerance one-strike approach on this stuff because some of you guys just can't seem to stay out of...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 2,036
Whitecat 24th February 2020

Here are some links to threads which are very good and a useful & informative read! Check 'em out to broaden your...

Whitecat
replies: 18 views: 32,785
Roll Tape 21st January 2020

Hey guys, recording near a computer can be tricky, especially when dialing in a hi gain metal tone. Noise gates can't really do...

John Mor
replies: 3 views: 185
vernier 1 minute ago

Please feel free to redirect this thread if it's in the wrong forum, I couldn't find anything for harmonicas. Willie Dixon's I...

TwistedGlass
replies: 8 views: 306
vernier 4 minutes ago

Anyone knows how eddie get that tone in the 5150 album? I'm talking about the amps, effects and even the guitars too. Normaly...

Lukasp.
replies: 10 views: 337
BarkerStreet 4 minutes ago

I’m a film composer and for the last few years I’ve been recording my guitar straight into my audio interface and using amp...

rmbaker
replies: 16 views: 248
Liverpool 8 minutes ago

Since I started my studio I have bought more and more amps. When someone comes to the studio I want to be able to capture any...

matt3310
replies: 39 views: 965
vernier 8 minutes ago

Technique? Style? Writing? Showmanship? Looks? Uses tube amps? Uses sims? What? :cowbell:

eternalsound
replies: 932 views: 32,368
Liverpool 10 minutes ago

Hi all, I've had this amp for about a year now but I've finally made an in-depth demo of my Mesa Boogie Mark 5 thirty-five! I...

Guitarjon
replies: 0 views: 28
Guitarjon 1 hour ago

Hi, I would like to use my Marshall Valvestate 40V amp as an overdrive unit (lineout) , but need to disconnect the speakers or...

HL6
replies: 0 views: 38
HL6 3 hours ago

Is anyone aware of a tool (software?) that takes an acoustic fingerprint of your guitar? For example I have 2 guitars with...

cporro
replies: 38 views: 865
Yuri Kogan 3 hours ago

After 20 years of professional playing and 10 of Uni Teaching I decided to share the knowledge I accumulated so far in terms of...

Onemuso
replies: 8 views: 542
Liverpool 6 hours ago

Just going through a phase listening to some heavy psychedelia. Black hole sun has never been more of a appropriate song for...

boomer81
replies: 4 views: 172
ChunkTunnel 10 hours ago

Hi all, anybody know of anyone who custom builds acoustic guitars?thanks.ob1

ob1
replies: 2 views: 129
AnthonyG 11 hours ago

I wasn't sure I would like it....but I was wrong. It really is a great playing/feeling neck, Indian Rosewood. Anyone else like or...

sam c
replies: 12 views: 310
Slicklickz 14 hours ago

Good morning, i hope this post finds everyone healthy and i am also praying for all of those who have family members with...

Derek Reese
replies: 79 views: 1,486
LawrieMinson 14 hours ago

Something you can do with a $200 guitar... https://youtu.be/WpDnqMKN3AM

optofonik
replies: 0 views: 110
optofonik 1 day ago

Silly question time! I want to modify a 100w power amp which uses four EL34 power tubes and handles 4-16Ω impedances. The idea...

kirkelein
replies: 21 views: 638
Jim Williams 1 day ago

Does anyone have experience using the USB out on a Roland Blues Cube and how does it perform? Is there some kind of cab...

thesheep
replies: 3 views: 337
Honch 1 day ago

I'm not sure if this should be on this forum or somewhere else, but . . . My studio monitors keep losing volume, not...

mhsiii
replies: 2 views: 179
nedorama 1 day ago

If you had to choose only one flat top, steel string to have in your studio, which would it be? I have a Guild JF55 that has been...

patshep
replies: 8 views: 303
guavadude 1 day ago

I just picked this up. Its a PA head with four channels and spring reverb. It has SS preamp with two 6CA7 power tubes and a...

tigerzilly
replies: 0 views: 109
tigerzilly 1 day ago

Hi Everyone, I have been going crazy on my guitars during the quarantine. I got an email about BIAS FX 2 going on sale and I...

rr5
replies: 2 views: 141
rr5 1 day ago

Hey all. I've been a Strat player my entire life. But last year, I really fell in love with Gretsch guitars. The neck plays so...

Shannon Adkins
replies: 31 views: 6,458
Shannon Adkins 2 days ago

I have seen these for sale from time to time--a Marshall rack mount vacuum tube stereo amp. What were these for? Never seemed...

ponzi
replies: 10 views: 2,328
vixapphire 2 days ago

I have a Vox AC30 CC2. I would like to replace some of the tubes and need some advice. I have 2 channels which I switch back and...

sheepforwheat
replies: 22 views: 30,366
sniff 2 days ago

Hey all! I finally got around to making an in-depth demo for my Orange Rocker 15 Terror head. Making these demos always is a...

Guitarjon
replies: 5 views: 246
Snoggin 3 days ago

Recently I picked up a Fender Vibro King. For the past few years my go to live amp has been a Fender CS 57 Tweed Twin that I...

noah330
replies: 3 views: 284
Reverb 3 days ago

my list below looking for some recs on stable playable necks. I've owned 9 guitars and every one of them except the Parker had...

cporro
replies: 28 views: 1,043
norfolk martin 3 days ago

If I am not breaking some kind of rule here by asking, The Gear Page seems to have discontinued The Pub forum. Is there some...

lame pseudonym
replies: 73 views: 4,430
froleich 3 days ago

Confinement has encouraged me to finish a project I left parked years ago, I thought I'd share in case it's of interest to...

Cabirio
replies: 1 views: 130
Jim Williams 4 days ago

I really like the double bass sound, my perfect example is "So What" from Kind of Blue. I play cello,...

PatrickFaith
replies: 73 views: 2,200
Liverpool 4 days ago

I just tested the ds-40 vst, and must say: for the first time i hear a plugin that comes close to a real amp. It's not there yet,...

miqer
replies: 8 views: 804
Liverpool 4 days ago

Hi, So basically trying to figure out the chords or possible tuning used by Dermot Kennedy in this video... He seems to use...

TheKingslayer
replies: 0 views: 139
TheKingslayer 4 days ago

The Digitech Trio Plus is a fun toy, but there are some things that people need to understand if considering buying this. The...

Kiwi
replies: 96 views: 74,892
Fab4Rules 4 days ago

Hey All, I have been using a VT40 for my main project for the last 2 years, and I love it to death. It has really become a...

turbonutsack
replies: 29 views: 2,636
kingoftheslutz 4 days ago

So I have a Great JVM Joe satriani head and a 1960 cab, also my great lil 15w crate practice amp that I use with some pedals. ...

Nickpu
replies: 20 views: 592
Nickpu 4 days ago

Hey guys, I thought this would be a fun little conversation starter - hopefully a flame war won't break out. I grew up in the...

BarkerStreet
replies: 0 views: 25
BarkerStreet 4 days ago

Hey guys! I've started building my first pedal board and I'd love some insight from people with more experience on whether my...

ckenny94
replies: 0 views: 153
ckenny94 4 days ago

Hi, How can I get a similar strumming sound at the start of the song I tried to play with fender thin and cut with EQ the...

aviorrok
replies: 16 views: 452
RayHeath 5 days ago

So whilst I'm locked down I thought I write some music and I thought it would good example of what could be achieved recording...

Lethem
replies: 0 views: 152
Lethem 5 days ago

i like the sound of a heavy gage string for my lead solo tone, but the problem is they dont have great range in the upper...

robotchicken
replies: 5 views: 317
John Eppstein 5 days ago

For those of you who have S-blasters: can you get the same sound with other JFET boosts like the Fulltone FatBoost? I've been...

jasyr
replies: 0 views: 134
jasyr 5 days ago

Hello, I am seeking clarification on whether I should purchase a digital or analog mixer for my home studio. I plan to record my...

DanPopRockGuitar
replies: 10 views: 559
thedberg 6 days ago

So many of my favorite bands used Mesa Duals all through the 90s/00s. On one hand, that means I must like them, but on the other...

audiovisceral
replies: 78 views: 13,438
Mikhael 6 days ago

My obsessive chasing-the-dragon Vai tonal quest continues here. Where previously...

eugtone
replies: 131 views: 7,951
eugtone 6 days ago

Hello everyone, Just looking for opinions on the Yamaha THR 100H Dual, it's not a recent amp but it seems pretty amazing with...

ConfusedWave
replies: 6 views: 484
littleeden 6 days ago

Hey guys, so I finally bought another one of these after having owned one that was stolen several years ago. Awesome guitar, love...

menagerie
replies: 7 views: 1,035
SteveR54 6 days ago

Hi guys, Bass n00b here. Here's the (simple setup): Bass guitar (Peavy Grind BXP), active pickups, connected with TRS...

vinnie2k
replies: 4 views: 233
vinnie2k 1 week ago

***this is EXCLUDING UAD products which i know for a fact are fantastic. This is for amp sims that don't require hardware units...

Elian20
replies: 16 views: 849
sniff 1 week ago

Quite an underrated pedal, thought it's worth making a video to show what it does.. any feedback welcome...

adi77
replies: 5 views: 369
adi77 1 week ago

I wasn't sure where I could post this, so since I also play guitar I figured I'd try here. I have a Roland combo amp and a...

metal321
replies: 0 views: 157
metal321 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search