The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Fender hot rod Deville vs. blues deluxe
Old 28th November 2006
Here for the gear

Fender hot rod Deville vs. blues deluxe

i've been gigging with the hot rod for some time now(4x10) and i'm very happy with it, but i want something smaller to lug around to gigs and i've got my eye on the blues deluxe. can anyone give me their opinions on the deluxe?

i play alot of noise/experimental rock for the most part...mostly small clubs and such.
any advice is greatly appreciated!
Old 29th November 2006
Here for the gear

I have done quite a few gigs with both the Hot Rod Delux and Deville and they are both fine. The older deluxes (preferably 60s) are much much better but less versatile. If you like the hot rod though, and all its gain switching glory, I would say you wont loose much by switching from the 4x10 deville to the single 12 delux. To my ears the delux has a tighter less bassy sound that i prefer. I think the Blues Delux is just the same amp with a diferent covering...? I could be sooooo wrong there.

Good luck!
Old 30th November 2006
Lives for gear

I would check the specks, the delux isn't THAT much smaller. maybe a blues jr if you could deal w/ one less channel (and 15 watts) . . . either way they both are great amps imo!
Old 5th December 2006
Lives for gear

There is a lot less gain available on the Blues Deluxe compared to the Hot Rod Deluxe (which is more comparable to the Hot Rod Deville).

I have heard the Blues Deluxe next to the Hot Rod Deluxe (and the Deville) and they are voiced differently.

The Blues Junior is a great amp, and although it doesn't have 2 channels, the footswitchable FAT switch is very cool and functional.
I'd say this would be a great downsized alternative to the Deville.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search