The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Any users of Tokai Love Rock, Hamer Sunburst, or LTD 400/1000 series?
Old 20th November 2006
Lives for gear

Any users of Tokai Love Rock, Hamer Sunburst, or LTD 400/1000 series?

I'm looking into the Tokai Love Rock, another Hamer Sunburst (not american like my old love I still have thats dying) and the LTD EC-400 or EC-1000 series.

Anyone tell me anything good or bad about these guitars?
Are the Tokai seriously good guitars? Who sells them in the US and how much are they?

Peace
Paul
Old 20th November 2006

I and a Les Paul nut friend of mine played a lovely Love Rock sorta LP standard, with flame top and a beautiful aged Honeyburst finish.

Spectacular in all areas: attetion to detail, fret dressing, binding, build quality etc

There's a thread somewhere on www.thegearpage.net about these. Some guy in the US bought his online from a japanese store fro good value. These are ones that aren't exported. Apparently amazing instruments
Old 22nd November 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubedude View Post
I'm looking into the Tokai Love Rock, another Hamer Sunburst (not american like my old love I still have thats dying) and the LTD EC-400 or EC-1000 series.

Anyone tell me anything good or bad about these guitars?
Are the Tokai seriously good guitars? Who sells them in the US and how much are they?

Peace
Paul
I have a 2005 Tokai Love Rock LS-70 Gold Top - beautiful guitar and plays like a dream. They are getting more and more expensive every year because people have finally caught on to how good they are. Tokai has Made in Japan and Made in Korea lines - the Koreans are ok - they rival Epiphones - but the MIJ totally rival Gibsons.

You can't buy them from regular retailers in the US because Gibson sued Tokai long ago - you can buy them from Japan directly, or from dealers in the UK and Canada - perhaps Australia, as well - can't remember.

Japanese dealers sell them for around $500-600 for low end models and thousands of dollars for their top end models (shipping to the US is about $150 on top of that). My LS-70 was around $750 from a dealer in Germany, which was a little pricey, but it was hard to find the Gold Tops when I bought it. I replaced the pickups, bridge/saddle and wiring (because I am into modding my gear these days).

You can get a lot more info on them at the Tokai Forum - http://www.tokaiforum.com/

- Chris
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search