The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Your Favorite Acoustic Guitar Reference Tracks Condenser Microphones
Old 10th August 2014
Gear Guru

Not too much reverb on this, but rare footage.

The guitar in the studio was played by Jimmy Page :-)

Truly uncanny how much they looked alike.

Even more uncanny that Jimi Hendrix did an instrumental cover of it.
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTT View Post
Another favorite for sure.

Want a 12 string bad!
I was going to say "Yer So Bad", but I see you've already made reference of the Tom Petty acoustic sound. The whole Full Moon Fever album has an amazing acoustic sound. Yer So Bad is amazing with the acoustic 12 string and electric 12 string.
Old 10th August 2014
Gear Guru

One of my favorite all time albums and even more valuable as a study for songwriting and arranging.
Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTT View Post
One of my favorite all time albums and even more valuable as a study for songwriting and arranging.
Yep, I have it in my car. Really plain sounding, mellow, nothing tricky, just good sounds, very easy on the ears. Had at least 3 classic hits on there. I like the drums and the acoustic sound a lot. When Jeff Lynne is right for a project . . . he can be the best producer in the business, it seems.
Old 10th August 2014
Gear Guru

His body of work is humbling, especially in such a relatively short period of time, not only working with Wilbury's and his own band, but working as studio musicians for Johnny Cash & Roy Orbison on their own projects.
Old 10th August 2014
Gear Addict

*FOLK WARNING*

I've always been a fan of Martin Carthy's guitar sound, especially on his earlier recordings. Lots of it is in the fingers of course but I love the no-frills upfront acoustic tone on a lot of these older folk records. A couple of examples:

Old 10th August 2014
Gear Guru

Sounds like a real guitar to me!

Here even with probably a sunrise system?, Keith's really nice guitar just has that plastic edge to it.

Old 10th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by allphourus View Post
I immediately thought of this:

yeah I always think of the the song 'today' as one of those original psych/ambient tracks - and that whole album definitely uses tons of reverb to thicken it up
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search