The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Amp simulator with effects loop? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 24th June 2014
Lives for gear

Amp simulator with effects loop?

Do they exist in pedal form with XLR out?

So you can use time effects in the loop and still use the XLR out . . .

As opposed to the Palmer Pocket Amp or Carl Martin Rock Bug or Sansamp or the Behringers which have no effect loops.

It should be a logical part of an amp sim.

Sansamp says in manual: you can try everything. (haha, thnx guys).

I'm not a tech, but probably is an amp sim a "one thing sim" and what I am searching for is a preamp sim and a poweramp sim with the loop in between.
Old 24th June 2014
Lives for gear

Tech21 makes Deluxe/Private stock versions of their Blonde and Liverpool pedals with a built-in effects loop.

TECH 21 -
Old 24th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubs View Post
Tech21 makes Deluxe/Private stock versions of their Blonde and Liverpool pedals with a built-in effects loop.

TECH 21 -
Apparently, though, the effects loop is after the Sansamp portion of the pedal. Still, good for time-based effects, etc.
Old 24th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Apparently, though, the effects loop is after the Sansamp portion of the pedal. Still, good for time-based effects, etc.
Ok, but it is before the XLR out

Thanks a lot!

(BTW: what is "it", after the effectloop of the California Blonde DLX? A DI, cable driver or something like that . . .?)
Old 24th June 2014
Lives for gear

There are quite a few modelers out there in pedalboard form, rack mount, and full amplifier that have effects loops and XLR outs.
Old 25th June 2014
Lives for gear
I use a rack PSA 1.1 and of course the loop is post gain stage that is sort of what a loop is. Otherwise, plug it into the front....
Old 25th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Of course one can use a 100 watt Marshall, attenuate that, then time effects, then power amp, cabs . . . . and make a sim of the whole thing.

If that is the chain, that you like to have.

But, if not?
Old 25th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodebro View Post
There are quite a few modelers out there in pedalboard form, . . . and full amplifier that have effects loops and XLR outs.
Amp sim for me is (amp+cab) sim.

So, give examples please.

I just found AMT SS preamp, it's not called an amp sim, has effects loop and cab sim, no XLR out . . .

Someone here called the Carl Martin Rock Bug a blanco canvas for pedals, but it is not for time effects without loosing XLR functionality.

I have another question: "after the preamp" is sound wise the best place for a time effect. Is "before the poweramp" also sound wise the best place, or is it just technical the best place?
I mean, if the very best place is after the power amp, but with attenuators or powerbrakes too circuitous, then the Sansamp "after the portion sansamp" DLX is of course THE shortest cut ever. (If you like california blonde).

Ok, one question: I put time effects after my Palmer Pocket Amp. What do I add to compensate the lost XLR functionality? Cabledriver? Isobox? DI? Impedance Matcher? Consumer to Pro Leveler? (I guess the last step in The Blonde Private Stock)
Old 25th June 2014
Lives for gear

Sorry I forgot to mention its is about analog amp sims, like those brands in my first post. Intended to use with analog effect pedals.
Old 25th June 2014
Analog amp sims would be a basic analog eq on an analog distortion unit or even an attenuator attached to a real amp. Such solutions don't sound so great so I don't think it means what you think it means. Digital amp sims can take analog effects in their loops just fine, they wouldn't have the loop if they couldn't, and they wouldn't be sold as pedals if they weren't designed to take guitar level signals and allow users to pass them through to a normal guitar amp instead of just to the line outs (I.e. Work as a normal pedal as well).

Pretty much any floor based amp sim should give you what you want and will allow you to use analog effects in their loops, so that's Pods. BOSS units etc. You haven't stated your budget. If money is no object then I'd instead go rack and get a Kemper with pedalboard, or AxeFX likewise. If money does matter and the floorboard form factor is critical then I might opt for a Second hand Pod HD cos you can pick them up for very little and they offer the best bang for buck at that level IMO.
Old 25th June 2014
Lives for gear

I don't care what your opinion on analog is or what you think about what I think it means. Don't ask my budget and just say you don't know the answer on my question. Simple as that. I'm not in your guitar store.
I sell digital modelers as a job. I just had a question. Ok?
Old 25th June 2014
Lives for gear

Not in pedal form, but the 11 has an effects loop.
Old 25th June 2014
Lives for gear

Haha, thnx guys, case closed.
(Tech21 gets it and labels it "Private Stock/DLX")

Edit: found AMT F1, with channel loop, effects loop and line output. (no xlr btw)
Old 26th June 2014
Lives for gear

Analog in pedal form, that would be the Tech21 Sansamp Character series. They don't need a loop, because they're pedals and output a line-level signal. Put your time-based effects at the end of the chain and your compression and overdrive or distortion in front of it.
Old 27th June 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Stobbe View Post
Do they exist in pedal form with XLR out?

So you can use time effects in the loop and still use the XLR out . . .

As opposed to the Palmer Pocket Amp or Carl Martin Rock Bug or Sansamp or the Behringers which have no effect loops.

It should be a logical part of an amp sim.

Sansamp says in manual: you can try everything. (haha, thnx guys).

I'm not a tech, but probably is an amp sim a "one thing sim" and what I am searching for is a preamp sim and a poweramp sim with the loop in between.
Do you want to stick to only analog devices, or is digital an option? A lot of digital mfx devices have moveable effects loops, although I'm not sure that any of them separate pre and power amp sections into different blocks so you can drop the fx-loop in between.

Fractal Audio Axe-fx II
Kemper Profiling Amp
Eleven Rack
POD HD500x
BOSS GT100 (no XLR out)
Digitech RP1000

It all depends on what your budget is...
Old 27th June 2014
Lives for gear

Just to not leave you guys alone. I found all of my answers on a telecaster forum.

1. Yes, time effects after the sim (since time effects have the best place after "mic-ed sound", real or sim)
2. Yes, you could use a DI in the end, for XLR to mixer mic input.
3. Yes, the AMT F1 is a analog pedal amp sim with effects loop.
4. No, an analog pedal amp sim with effects loop AND XLR does not exist yet.

For you information, it was not to debate analog vs digital. It was a question about analog pedal amp sims.

(Edit: Comes to mind: Pigtronix Keymaster: it is a pedal, it is not digital, it has two effects loops, it has XLR out, it . . . is not an amp sim )
Old 27th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Stobbe View Post
4. No, an analog pedal amp sim with effects loop AND XLR does not exist yet.
The Tech 21 Deluxe versions that I mentioned above are entirely analog (in the audio circuit path), do have an effects loop (digitally controlled, but analog sound), and do have XLR out.
Old 27th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Tech 21 Deluxe versions that I mentioned above are entirely analog (in the audio circuit path), do have an effects loop (digitally controlled, but analog sound), and do have XLR out.
Aahh ok! Thnx!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search