The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Simple vs complex Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 31st March 2014
Lives for gear

I opened a thread on that video. Someone made nice remarks on tapping in the romantic period. I cannot link now but maybe someone will want to look it up
Old 31st March 2014
Gear Guru

Speaking on nylon string guitars.

Listen to how Joe structures the guitar part against the lead vocal.

The grace notes generally follow vocal phrases with sustain notes and finger picking during the vocal. He supports the vocal rather than competing with it.

No matter what genre you work in, knowing when to lay back and when to shine
requires precise timing and taste and maturity.

Old 2nd April 2014
Lives for gear

Simple, fun, pentatonic power.

Sure would be cool if everyone in the audience had an acoustic guitar and was playing the "jump" notes of the scale with a couple of melody guitars on the stage interacting with Bob.
Old 3rd April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pchicago View Post
Simple, fun, pentatonic power.

Sure would be cool if everyone in the audience had an acoustic guitar and was playing the "jump" notes of the scale with a couple of melody guitars on the stage interacting with Bob.
You are actually in neuro science, aren't you Pchicago?
Old 3rd April 2014
Lives for gear

If they give me a cup of beer
I am a neuro scientist
One with no fear

I think Bobby gets it right there in a lot of different ways.

I never was a huge fan of Bobby's music, except a few things. I just prefer edgier rock based stuff over his sort of Jazzy 'coming togethers'. But he's good this way as a sort of thinker and a very enthusiastic music educator.

You can't resist a big smile when he takes that third hop and everyone hits the right note. It's delightful and says a lot about music. It makes you wonder whether - if this demonstration took place at the beginnings of musical discovery..if primitives would instinctively know what the next interval was going to sound like. You know, people with unmanageable hair, living in mud huts..folks who have no idea of what taking a bath could do to improve their sex lives.
Old 3rd April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pchicago View Post
. . . what taking a bath could do to improve their sex lives.
To live life full range with all its complexities. heh
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search