The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Guitar Effects Modeling Pedals that do Midi Sync?
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Head

Guitar Effects Modeling Pedals that do Midi Sync?

Hey guys.

I do one-man band looping stuff. Because a lot of things go through the looper (vocals, guitar, keyboard, etc) I need to run things through a PA, so I use amp modeling. So I use a floor multi-effects unit.

I've been using a GT-6 and have been pretty happy with it, but recording in a studio with my friend's Eleven rack has me reconsidering just how good it sounds and wondering if there is something better. So, with the following criteria, and if money were no object, what would you recommend for the bestest sound?

1) Multi-effects with amp modeling

2) Floor unit. Would like to avoid rack if all possible (I haul too much equipment to gigs as it is)

3) Must be able to sync beat-based effects from external MIDI clock signal. This one is tricky. I've heard that even some of the ones that are supposed to do this do not do it properly. So any personal experience here would really help.

Thanks guys.
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

You can get midi foot switch floor boards and team it with a Fractal AxeII or Kemper Profiling Amp.
On the cheaper side the Line6 POD HD 500x has a built in looper and is a midi contoller. Whether it suits your needs you'll have to determine.
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Head

Do the HD500 effects link from beat of an external MIDI signal? Some people say yes, others no. So I'm confused there.

The internal looper on that unit would be nice, but the center of my rig is the RC-300, which gives me 3 tracks I can move around with. So while that might provide a nice bonus, it wouldn't supplant the looper I've got already.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search