The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
How often do you circulate your gear?
Old 30th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbvoxx View Post
never getting rid of anything is how you end up with more guitars, amps and gear than you'll ever need and eventually have to build a house with a special room just to store all of it.
I try to research my acquisitions so I don't end up with stuff I won't be happy with, or end up not needing at all, and I try my best to avoid impulse buying, unless it's something I've been seeking for some time and come across at a price that is too good to pass up.
I need nearly everything I have (except some junk that's not worth selling.) Not everything gets used all the time but nearly everything gets used sometimes when it's needed. And there's still more stuff I could use that I don't have yet and a number of things that were stolen years ago that I'm still trying to replace.

What I don't do is use software to try and fake sounds. I like hardware.
Old 9th December 2013
Gear Maniac

Man I was just going through my attic looking for something and found an entire unopened case of 6 Gretsch Travelling Wilburys guitars (made in Korea), then I was watching American Pickers, and they went to James Burton's studio, and he had one sitting right there on a stand exactly like these. Forgot I even had them! Boy...
Old 10th December 2013
Here for the gear

I used to buy and sell gear constantly, but since I discovered the Fractal Axe-Fx I've barely done anything beyond switching MIDI controllers to fit my current needs. I haven't bought or sold a guitar in years, and I'm completely ok with that, as my tone has never been better!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search