The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Multiple guitar gigbags and flight cases
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Nut

Multiple guitar gigbags and flight cases

Hello people,

I'm looking for something like a triple guitar gig bag or a flight case something that is a little bit "skinny?"
anyway I need something to hold three guitars!!
le strat.
le tele.
le mustang.
i'm flying with them so I don't want to pay for more than the weight of 1 bag (23 kg) that is of course if it's a guitars chest or something.

if it's a gig bag i will be taking it with me on board and store it in the jacket closet.

I have seen the stagg double gig bag and a couple other bags from different companies, never one that holds three.
as for the guitar chest the ones I have seen costs too much!

pluz help me pepul of the interwebzz
here's a flower for my appreciation

Cheers!

EDIT: A double flight case is welcomed as well, since I can check two guitars and get the third on board.
Old 21st October 2013
There are a lot of places that make flight cases. Do a google search. Make sure you get a good one. It's gonna take a beating below. But an ATA case will make it hard for them to damage.

As for bags, you're not going to find a triple bag. They don't make them. It would be too heavy. Mono cases makes a nice double bag. Their new Vertigo bags are great for protection and slim considering what they do.

Have you flown a lot with guitars before? Not all air planes have closets. Sometimes you have to put it in the above storage. They would freak out if you had a triple bag. A double is going to be hard enough and they're going to try to make you gate check it.

I just got back from a tour. One flight had a closet the other didn't. The space is also limited above and not sure a double will always fit.

I wrote an article a while back about flying with guitars. http://guitaristmarkmarshall.com/gui...r-life-easier/
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepipe View Post
There are a lot of places that make flight cases. Do a google search. Make sure you get a good one. It's gonna take a beating below. But an ATA case will make it hard for them to damage.

As for bags, you're not going to find a triple bag. They don't make them. It would be too heavy. Mono cases makes a nice double bag. Their new Vertigo bags are great for protection and slim considering what they do.

Have you flown a lot with guitars before? Not all air planes have closets. Sometimes you have to put it in the above storage. They would freak out if you had a triple bag. A double is going to be hard enough and they're going to try to make you gate check it.

I just got back from a tour. One flight had a closet the other didn't. The space is also limited above and not sure a double will always fit.

I wrote an article a while back about flying with guitars. Flying with a Guitar -Tips to Make Your Life Easier | Guitarist Mark Marshall
I didn't find anything for a double ATA case on the internet all i found is a guitar chest made by a company called thoman or something.
Can you provide any links please

I did fly with ONE guitar more than one time and emirates airlines had no problem putting my guitar in the closet on board. Never with something like a double gig bag. I wont let them check it even if my life depends on it.

Most probably I'm going to ask the airline before I book my ticket for their policies about guitars and if i can take anything with me.

The thing is i have 8 guitars and I'm going to be leaving my hometown for good in the near future and I wont be able to get back here anytime soon, I'm in a country where it's kind of hard dealing with such stuff. Ended up narrowing it down to the three guitars listed above.

Thanks a lot.
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Nut

UPDATE

I have just found what I'm looking for

GATOR DOUBLE GUITAR ATA FLIGHT CASE - Harmony Central This!

Too bad, it seems like it's out of production.

Anything similar to that ?

and will it be hard to build a custom one my self ?

Cheers
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amer312 View Post
I have just found what I'm looking for

GATOR DOUBLE GUITAR ATA FLIGHT CASE - Harmony Central This!

Too bad, it seems like it's out of production.

Anything similar to that ?
I have seen similar double flight cases from Anvil, Calzone, and Hybrid. They're not cheap, nor light. But they work as advertised.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search