The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
divided by 13 owners question
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Head

divided by 13 owners question

I own a divided by 13 rsa 23
Can someone help me with the speaker outputs?
Are they parallel?
So if I only run out of one 8 ohm output it is really 4 ohms and if I run out of 2 they are 8 each?

The card in the back of the cabinet talks about when the amp is on half power (mine doesn't got to half power, but...)using both 4 ohms to the 8 ohm speaker inputs and if you are only using one speaker on half power using the 8ohm.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Also, has anyone tried that rivera rock crusher attenuator?
I'm looking a the one with the cabinet emulator to use with my /13 in my home studio.
Thanks!
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Each speaker in a stock /13 2x12 is 16 ohms so if you are running both, at full power, each one is connected to an 8 ohm output (16+16 in parallel is 8 ohms). If you are using an amp with a half power switch, the 4 ohm taps is to be used.

If you are connecting only a single speaker, the 16 ohm tap is used.

You may wish to check out the Torpedo by Two Notes, either in conjunction with the Rockcrusher standard or as a standalone solution (Live or VB-101). Amongst the cabinets offered are 2 /13 profiles; the 2x12 captured on the blue side and on the anniversary side. The VB-101 and the WOSIII plug in allow one to run both simultaneously and the results are great. (disclosure: I am affiliated with Two Notes)

Andy
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysexguy View Post
Each speaker in a stock /13 2x12 is 16 ohms so if you are running both, at full power, each one is connected to an 8 ohm output (16+16 in parallel is 8 ohms). If you are using an amp with a half power switch, the 4 ohm taps is to be used.

If you are connecting only a single speaker, the 16 ohm tap is used.

You may wish to check out the Torpedo by Two Notes, either in conjunction with the Rockcrusher standard or as a standalone solution (Live or VB-101). Amongst the cabinets offered are 2 /13 profiles; the 2x12 captured on the blue side and on the anniversary side. The VB-101 and the WOSIII plug in allow one to run both simultaneously and the results are great. (disclosure: I am affiliated with Two Notes)

Andy
Thanks Andy.
The 2x12 /13 cab that I got with it is an open back with 2 alnico blues in it with an input for each speaker and the card in the cab says the card in the back says to use the 2 8 ohm outs at full power, does that sound right to you?
Thanks
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

Yes, mine is 1/2 Blue 1/2 Anniversary, same card

remember to use the 4 ohm outs on half power

Andy
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysexguy View Post
Yes, mine is 1/2 Blue 1/2 Anniversary, same card

remember to use the 4 ohm outs on half power

Andy
It doesn't have half power.
The Alnico Blues are 8 ohms each.

Anyways,
Does anyone know if I only plug into one of the 8 or 4 ohm outs, instead of both does it change the ohm rating?

Here are a few pics so everyone can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks, I appreciate any help I can get, if not I guess I'll have to call and bother Fred, although I might need to call and check with him the particulars on the custom "Line out" option that is on mine.

Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

Perhaps you need to check with Fred, the stock speakers should be 16 ohms (or 15 in the case of the Blues)

The outputs on the back indicate the total impedance for each set of jacks

You also need to have a proper load connected when using the line out

Andy
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

Looks like a phone number on the label for the confused. Maybe you should call it!

You do still have a phone, yes?

The labeling is very odd. Is there a manual?
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by loujudson View Post
Looks like a phone number on the label for the confused. Maybe you should call it!

You do still have a phone, yes?

The labeling is very odd. Is there a manual?
Phone?
What's a phone?
Can I call you instead?
What is your name, is it Fred too?

Anyways...
I guess I'll call Fred.
Thanks!
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

A phone is that thing you text on and make funny little codes things. dial ten numbers and speak to a human ;-)

My dad was Fred so I think it is a silly name...

Tell him Hi for me and tell us what he said!
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

I called Fred once, briefly explained the issue and he replied (word for word) "rectifier tu..." and hung up somewhere around the b, but definitely before the e and the exclamation mark.

2 things;

1) he was right
2) finally met him in person in Nashville 2 months ago and he's a super nice guy!

lol

Andy

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search