The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Cheap vintage fenders.
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Nut

Cheap vintage fenders.

What do you guys think about the vintage fenders that aren't that expensive
The duo sonic, The mustang, music master.
I have a Mustang in dakota red that I absolutely love.
do you guys have any of these guitars ? post pics !
and is there any other vintage fenders from the same family ? i'm only aware of the ones listed above.

Cheers
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

I have a 1967 Fender Bronco. I dig it. It is fun to play.
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

If your hands are small enough, the short scale Fenders might be okay. I got a red Mustang in a trade and tried to play it for a month or two trying to find the Johnny Winter vibe, but my size 10 hands are just too big. I did have a Musicmaster Bass, that was handy being short scale, not much of a change from playing guitar--until Fender went light on their short scale strings.
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Nut

I have to agree with you about the short scale thing but I don't know it kinda has something different about it and i really like the neck pick-up and the ducky sound, i tend to put .12 on it plug in an over drive pedal with the gain all the way down and there you have it the best rhythm sound for what i do.
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandjuno6 View Post
I have a 1967 Fender Bronco. I dig it. It is fun to play.
Nice! My neighbor has one of those as well. Sounds pretty awesome! There's something interesting going in the mid range I can't put my finger on. Actually, I think his is a 65 model, but probably is just like yours.
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarboy94 View Post
Nice! My neighbor has one of those as well. Sounds pretty awesome! There's something interesting going in the mid range I can't put my finger on. Actually, I think his is a 65 model, but probably is just like yours.
The first Broncos were made in 1967.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Meh.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Duosonics, Broncos and Musicmasters are not so cheap anymore!

I quite like the 80s cheap Fender Bullet (USA model). They look like a mutant Tele/Mustang combination (but are full scale) and have Mustang pickups. They are great guitars with a nice trebley sound. Bands like Phoenix use them a lot.

Fender Bullet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've always wanted to have a Fender Lead, another 80s cheap Fender, they look cool.

Fender Lead Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search