The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Can i expand the limits of Epression pedals?
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Nut

Can i expand the limits of Epression pedals?

Hey there,
This is my first post so please excuse me if this is the wrong place to post this subject.
I want you guys to help me with something:
Is there anyway to use all the expression modes in a pedal at the same time?
E.g: Let's say that I have a pedal that allow me to use an expression pedal with different modes let's say the EHX hog, as you may know has different expression modes
-octave bend
-Freeze
-Volume
-Wah wah
and so on.
Or the vox delay lab where i can control
-Time
-Feedback
-Tone and speed
ect
so my question is: can i hook up multiple expression pedals so i can control any of the parameters at anytime ?
is there any mod or a device or something?
Thank you very much and I hope I made the whole thing clear.
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

you might want to check out the pigtronix expression pedal. I know Dave is all about it. He uses expression pedals way deeper then anyone else i know.

http://www.pigtronix.com/products/du...ression-pedal/
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Nut

Thank you but that is not what i meant,
what i want is a way so i can control multiple parameters on the same pedal through multiple expression pedal
just like the mooger fooger delay where it has CV outs in the back and you can hook up multiple expression pedals one controlling time another controling feedback.
am i getting my idea through or no ?
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Maniac

I think you'd have to mod a pedal to get what you're looking for. Although I see more and more pedals offering an exp out, it's usually only on one parameter (I think Igotsoul4u is pointing you in a good direction with those Pigtronix pedals, I think they have a few with 2 exp outs). You might be able to find some one who mods or builds pedals and discuss it with them. On another thread (I don't remember which one), somebody mentioned a boutique pedal builder that was real personable and would build whatever you'd like.
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Nut

that's what i need a mod of some sort
if only we can find that guy again
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Nut

I don't know if this will do me any help
Moog CP-251 Moogerfooger Control Processor | Musician's Friend

I couldn't find the exact function of this box
can any synth expert help out ?
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

In the case of the EH Hog, there's only one exp. input and what it controls changes depending on the mode, so you can't use multiple exp. pedals.

For a pedal with multiple exp. inputs or multiple pedals, the Expressionator (Mission Engineering) is excellent. Unfortunately, it doesn't respond to midi changes so there's still some tap dancing required for complex switching systems.
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAVD View Post
In the case of the EH Hog, there's only one exp. input and what it controls changes depending on the mode, so you can't use multiple exp. pedals.

For a pedal with multiple exp. inputs or multiple pedals, the Expressionator (Mission Engineering) is excellent. Unfortunately, it doesn't respond to midi changes so there's still some tap dancing required for complex switching systems.

I have just found what I need, moog are releasing a new pedal line the minifoogers the delay from that family has exp control that by default controls the delay feedback.
there is a switch on the inside of the pedal that allows you to switch between the delay time and the delay feed back.
my question is, is there a way i can build a circuit that allows me to use the expressionator or an A\B switch to instantly flip between the two modes ?
if so is it hard to do or no ?
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

If the pedal allows midi assignation then the sky is the limit. Otherwise you are limited by the design of the pedal, how many I/O, etc... that will change based on the pedals specs. Can you mod a pedal to allow more than one expression - if you're good at that.
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve69 View Post
If the pedal allows midi assignation then the sky is the limit. Otherwise you are limited by the design of the pedal, how many I/O, etc... that will change based on the pedals specs. Can you mod a pedal to allow more than one expression - if you're good at that.
I just need to make an internal switch external (talking about the minifooger)
what the hell i'd better buy a real moog delay and get done with it
need to save up like 600 bucks
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

It wouldn't be hard to make an external switch for that mini Moogerfooger delay.

$200 plus a $2 switch and some solder. That would be a bit cheaper than the MF104.

I would love either one though.
Old 27th July 2016
Here for the gear

Hi,

We have a solution for this type of situation where you want to use 3rd-party physical controllers to manipulate audio parameters in your MIDI-enabled hardware or software. It's called ControllerHub 8, and it allows you to connect up to 8 of your favorite controllers (expression pedals, foot switches, sustain pedals, etc.) and connect them to your laptop via USB or other MIDI hardware via 5-pin MIDI.

We're at www.ameliascompass.com

Regards,
Steve
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search