The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
ebony bridge pins for Taylor 110ce
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

ebony bridge pins for Taylor 110ce

Time to replace the plastic bridge pins on my Taylor 110ce. Taylor's site says that their ebony pins work on the 300 series on up. So where do us lowly 110 players get our ebony pin sets from ? Any 110 players here that have changed to ebony?

Thanks!
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

they probably still work okay
what do they cost and can you return them?
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

well, since their website says they won't, why should I buy them in the first place? I read SOMEWHERE of someone finding a set that fits properly - just can't remember where I saw that.
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

I threw some ebony pins on my Taylor and honestly did not hear a lick of difference. Have you upgraded your saddle to bone first? There's a much bigger sonic impact by doing that first.
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

over the tusq that's on there now? I thought tusq was supposed to be superior. what differences did you notice?

yeah, I don't expect the bridge pins will make much difference - just wanna have a bit of bling on there instead of the plastic pins. Some ebony with abalone dots on them. Just doesn't feel right to spend this much on a geetbox and have plastic on it.
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

Bone has a more rounded sound with much better sustain and resonance, just what the doctor ordered for those bright Taylors. I kept the Tusq on my Martin because I like the sharper, brighter sound. I'm not saying that bone is always going to sound better, but it does tend to have a more sustained, natural sound than tusq does.
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

thanks for the tip! what type of Taylor do you play?
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Well, I've been playing my friend's 214 for a while. I don't technically own it, but it sure feels like I do!
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Grisley Tools--last catalog I got, they had several different materials for bridge pins and fairly cheap. And other parts.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

I can't speak for Taylor but not long after I got my Epiphone 2010 Texan (new), I replaced the plastic pins for some African Ebony ones, made it brighter sounding. The bodys wood has mellowed since then and the whole thing sounds nice. The sweet mid-rangey tone of a solid mahogany body!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search