The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Is a jamman stereo the looper for me?
Old 14th October 2013
Gear Head

Is a jamman stereo the looper for me?

Hi guys,

Im busy forming a new project with a friend of mine. We're aiming for a noise punk kind of vibe. I have a load of prerecorded ambient and guitar loops I want to trigger live so I'll have to be able to import via SD card or USB.

With the jamman, I know you can set tempo of individual loops but can you adjust tempo mid loop? Ie, can you change tempo in real time whilst it is playing?

From what I've read, people seem to prefer the sound quality of the jamman over the boss rc series but I would be open to the latter...

Any advice would be appreciated!
Old 14th October 2013
Gear Guru

I kinda want one, just to have one.

One of my friends has one, a total blast!

Chris Cornell seemed to like his :-)

Old 15th October 2013
Gear Nut

I have a jamman delay and really like it, although I really use it only for storing and jamming to riffs and for delays, which are decent enough for my needs (and nice that I can store and recall 3 custom settings). I really don't use it for performance looping.

I see the manual says you can change the tempo mid-performance, but, for my unit, it requires an expression pedal.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. The only downside is the lack of space for enough patch edit controls, so you have to memorize different hold times, etc using limited buttons. You can mistakenly delete stuff (even an entire group of patches) if you're not careful. Not sure if the regular jamman is setup the same way.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

At least it's not easy to do. Otherwise I really love the Jamman, esp. for the price.
You can do it with the EXH 45000. It has a slider that even shows you where the original timing is - a bit like the pitch slider on the Technics 1200.
And I really prefer to have 4 seperate Mono tracks or two stereo tracks or a stereo track and two mono tracks and an aditional mix-track. But the EHX is way more expensive than the Jamman.
Dirk
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search