The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Strymon Big Sky
Old 14th October 2013
Lives for gear
Strymon Big Sky

Just after I finished my board as well

BigSky - Multidimensional Reverberator - Reverb Pedal

Sounds lush, really interested to see how it stacks up against Eventide Space.

There is another thread on this in the EDM thread, but it surely belongs under Guitars!
Old 14th October 2013
Gear Nut

...And I was just about to buy a Blue Sky this week. Looks very cool, but like alot of folks I just don't know if I really need this huge basket of options as we have so much available in our DAW.

Ugh- now I'm confused what to actually purchase as I just need something basic to practice with and jam as many of my heads don't have verb and having a nice light touch of verb sure elevates the vibe, but having all of the Big Sky options I bet would surely be creatively inspiring. Decisions, decisions...
Old 14th October 2013
Space is good for all sorts of sources. Not my favorite effect for guitars, but its Eventide verbs so...ymmv.

Big Sky is great for guitar, mostly. We don't use it on anything other than guitars.
Old 14th October 2013
Here for the gear

Excellent pedal Strymon is top-notch all the way. Those guys are great!
Old 28th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollumsluvslave View Post
Just after I finished my board as well!
Board? Finished? What on earth are you smoking!

A Gearslut's board is never finished!
Old 28th October 2013
Lives for gear

Been playing with it all day. SOOOOO many cool sounds in this damn thing. Job well done by the Strymon team as always.
Old 28th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Been playing with it all day. SOOOOO many cool sounds in this damn thing. Job well done by the Strymon team as always.
The choral model seems brilliant, the reflections, room, and hall modes sound pretty realistic, the nonlinear mode has some cool possibilities, the shimmer mode sounds non cheesy...

It's just a win across the board.
Old 28th October 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Quote:
The choral model seems brilliant, the reflections, room, and hall modes sound pretty realistic, the nonlinear mode has some cool possibilities, the shimmer mode sounds non cheesy...

It's just a win across the board.
Yeah, looks like something for the new year! Chorale and Bloom are especially beautiful.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search