The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Next Step up from a Tube Screamer
Old 23rd November 2006

*ding ding*

That thing looks amazing!
Old 23rd November 2006
Gear Nut

Nice lookin pedal Miles! Are the switches across the top for the diodes? Which diodes do you get to choose from ??

Old 24th November 2006
Here for the gear

Thanks!

The switches across the top are indeed for the diodes.

Here we go, in order:

1N914 1N4001 Ge. LED

1N914 1N4001 Ge. LED

Sorry, I'm not sure of the Ge. diodes code.

I love how it looks, kinda spacey.

I built another TS808 clone, but with the mods that I really liked out of the UltraScreamer.

It can switch between 1N914's (stock, by the way) and LEDs.
And also the high pass filter freq select switch.

I'm thinking I will build another with just LED diodes. They are awesome, and thats all I seem to be using, but I thought it would be kinda cool to switch between stock and LED's. Stock is pretty damn good by they way, but definitely try some LED's.

Here it is: (I don't have a name for it yet.)

For those of you electronically inclined, check out this link:
http://generalguitargadgets.com/inde...d=23&Itemid=50

There schematics and pcb layouts for heaps of famous pedals.

-Miles.
Old 25th November 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker View Post
I just bought a 'Super Hard On' and it's a great pedal.!

I called L&M's and told them I was looking for "Super Hard On" and the guy told me to get a life, hung up. Guess I should have put ZVEX in front of that.........

Nice looking box maestromiles. Let's hear how she sounds
Old 25th November 2006

I'm not much for pedals but I just picked up a Fulltone OCD and that thing rocks. It has a serious tone. It kills my old boss overdrive.
Old 25th November 2006
Lives for gear

YES, i am friends with the builder and NO i do not get the gear for free/discount and yes i give him lots of text for his site...but this really IS the best OD/distortion ever:

http://www.zacharyguitars.com/Pedals.htm

i know the site looks nuts and the pedal is barely out of the prototype stage and NOT cheap...but it is the best i've used by FAR.

i also like the barber direct drive but this thing is transparent in ways that the barber, ts, OCD (also very nice), and all the other ones i've tried are not. incredible. also has huge low end if you want it.
Old 25th November 2006
Gear Head

I have a badcat hotcat 30r and I was wondering if anyone on this thread has one and what are they using in front of theirs I am currently using a ts9 reissue its nice but just looking for something better/different-

tom
Old 26th November 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPl View Post

Nice looking box maestromiles. Let's hear how she sounds
Thanks, but I don't have any recording equipment.
I am a poor student. haha.

-Miles.
Old 26th November 2006
Lives for gear

Pedals I know and love...and use:

Fulltone Fulldrive II...Nice dual boost function, kicks up your rhythm tone, then takes it OTT for leads. Seems to have good days and bad says for some reason...hmmm

Ibanez TS-10...'80's Tube Screamer modded by AnalogMan to 808 specs. Very nice, a little bass shy. The typical mid-boost TS vibe.

Ibanez Fat Cat...just bought this in Danbury, CT for $35.00. Ibanez' version of The Rat, I like it.

Ibanez PDS1...programmable overdrive, rare and cool

Keely TIme Machine Boost...Excellent overdrive with no buzzy artifacts.

Exotic AC Boost and RC Boost...The RC is most transparent, used by John Fogerty. The AC boost is more Tube Screameresqe, with a bumped up mid-range.

Ibanez Mostortion...Very cool. 3-band EQ and a Mosfet chip distortion. Like a Tube Screamer with better EQ options.
Old 26th November 2006
Sounds like you need a ibanez SD9. The SD9 starts where the tube screamer ends.

V

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegenh5 View Post
I have an analogman modded TS-9 and love it in-between my Strat and my Fender Deluxe Reverb. Was thinking of adding another one for a bit more sustain and crunch when needed. Do you guys think I should gang two tubescreamers together(like SRV did) or go for a different pedal altogether like a modded Boss DS-1 or something? So what's the next step up from a tubescreamer......two tubescreamers or something else? Thanks,
Sean

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search