The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hiss with my Akai Headrush Loop/Delay Pedal
Old 14th March 2013
&c.

Hiss with my Akai Headrush Loop/Delay Pedal

Alrighty, so...I've been using this pedal in my vocal chain in the rehearsal studio for over a month. I set up the same way at my house and when I plug the mic in there's a loud hiss. I tested the cables, they are fine. I tried the pedal with my guitar, the hiss isn't as noticeable, but it's still there. I have a feeling it is the pedal itself, but I'm not sure how to efficiently test it.

This is the vocal chain: SM7- xlr to 1/4- Headrush - 1/4 to xlr - Apogee Duet 2

Normally in the studio, I run the Duets outputs into a Radial DI box, but I'm only monitoring through my headphones, so I don't know if that makes a difference.
Old 15th March 2013
Lives for gear

Sounds like a level mismatch. The mic isn't hot enough to drive the pedal, so you end up compensating by turning up the gain...and the pedal's noise...with the duet.

Ultimately, you need a hotter mic or a preamp (clean boost pedal) before the headrush, and you need to go into the 1/4" guitar input of the duet.
Old 15th March 2013
&c.

hmm, I don't think it is that..as I mentioned, in the studio there was no such hissing.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search