The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Favorite Reverb Pedals?
Old 14th August 2012
Favorite Reverb Pedals?

Hi all,

What are your favorite reverb pedals nowadays? Are people using the Eventide Space, or are there some smaller/boutique options that people prefer?
Old 14th August 2012
TC Nova here. Love the auto-ducking feature.
Old 14th August 2012
Lives for gear
I'm interested as well. So far the best YouTube demo I heard was Electro Harmonix Cathedral. While the Eventide was nice, it seemed more of a delay modulation kind of thing, but maybe that was just the demo.
Old 14th August 2012
Gear Maniac

I bought a Boss RE 20 Space Echo, didn't buy it for the reverb... but I use this reverb quite a bit.

Love my RE 20! heh

Old 15th August 2012
Lives for gear

Wet Reverb - Neunaber Technology Effects

Wet Reverb 3. I use this in a Surf Band. Beats hell out of hauling around one of those Fender units. I think it sounds better than the reverb tank in my buddy's 67 Vibrolux. Spiced up with a bit of Time Factor delay, twang.
DaveT
Old 15th August 2012
Van Amps Solemate is my fav.
Old 15th August 2012
Gear Addict

Eventide Space.

...at least untill someone makes Valhalla rooms and Shimmer in a stompbox ;-)
Old 15th August 2012
Currently I have much love for the TC Hall of Fame, well worth a look I would say!
Old 15th August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzkat View Post
I bought a Boss RE 20 Space Echo, didn't buy it for the reverb... but I use this reverb quite a bit.

Love my RE 20! heh

Me too, hook my sh101 up to it and i can lose hours...
Old 15th August 2012
Gear Maniac

The new Hardwire Supernatural sounds great in the demos by Andy at Proguitar shop - but Andy can make anything sound great! I do have the hardwire delay though and it is pretty darn good!!!
Old 15th August 2012
Lives for gear

I love my Blackstar Reverb pedal.
Old 15th August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhama View Post
Eventide Space.

...at least untill someone makes Valhalla rooms and Shimmer in a stompbox ;-)
Old 15th August 2012
Lives for gear
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail (the big one/original)

not the most tweakable reverb, but sounds great!
Old 15th August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimey1 View Post
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail (the big one/original)

not the most tweakable reverb, but sounds great!
I heard Ed Droste *singing* through one of these at a Grizzly Bear concert in 2009. The sound sent shivers down my spine. It was probably largely due to his voice, but obviously the pedal works for him.
Old 15th August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by davet View Post
Wet Reverb - Neunaber Technology Effects

Wet Reverb 3. I use this in a Surf Band. Beats hell out of hauling around one of those Fender units. I think it sounds better than the reverb tank in my buddy's 67 Vibrolux. Spiced up with a bit of Time Factor delay, twang.
DaveT
I just read Neunaber's patent. It looks like a hardware implementation of a pretty simple feedback delay network reverb, but with a few clever ideas. The most clever idea is doing the summing and feedback in analog, as this will generate all sorts of nice coloration.

The Neunaber technology is used in the Belton "brick," which is apparently found in a bunch of boutique pedals nowadays.
Old 16th August 2012
Lives for gear

Carl Martin Headroom. Awesome pedal and a genuine spring reverb with two settings.

Sounds great - here is my demo:

Old 16th August 2012
Hmmm... But it's not really genuine because it doesn't have springs in it. So it's a genuine emulation.

Emulations are ok but you never get that cool unpredictable surprise you get from analog stuff.

I'm a sucker for analog spring reverb.
Old 16th August 2012
Gear Head

I'm saving up for a Strymon Blue Sky.

strymon Β» blueSky Reverberator – Reverb Pedal

Video demos blew my mind.
Old 16th August 2012
Deleted fece643
check out the EBS Dynaverb. Haven't looked for a pedal that offers shimmer as I use Valhalla Shimmer for that effect in the studio
Old 16th August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepipe View Post
Hmmm... But it's not really genuine because it doesn't have springs in it. So it's a genuine emulation.

Emulations are ok but you never get that cool unpredictable surprise you get from analog stuff.

I'm a sucker for analog spring reverb.
No, it really has springs in it. That's why I called it a 'genuine spring reverb'.

I like it because it sounds as good as my old Fender Reverb Unit but it's smaller and has two settings so you can switch between a long and short reverb and you can also use an external footswitch if you want to stick it behind your amp.

I have found this is the best thing to do, as stepping on it wrong can give you that loud bang (again, real springs no DSP - not sure why you call it an emulation).

Old 19th August 2012
Gear Addict

I went through Roland,Yamaha, lexicon rack gear, boss, EHx eventde pedals, but felt i got there when i got the strymon blue sky. the Shimmer mode, Plate and modulated are simply beautiful. It was so gorgeous i use it as a reverb send on on my mixer. But mind you I don't play through amps. I go straight from my guitar. To the effects than a looper than to the PA.
Old 19th August 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm1989 View Post
I'm saving up for a Strymon Blue Sky.

strymon Β» blueSky Reverberator – Reverb Pedal

Video demos blew my mind.
Listened to the demos. A bit digital sounding, but amazing. I use a earlier Holier Grail, but I definitely appreciate Strymon's Blue Sky.
Old 19th August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
No, it really has springs in it. That's why I called it a 'genuine spring reverb'.

I like it because it sounds as good as my old Fender Reverb Unit but it's smaller and has two settings so you can switch between a long and short reverb and you can also use an external footswitch if you want to stick it behind your amp.

I have found this is the best thing to do, as stepping on it wrong can give you that loud bang (again, real springs no DSP - not sure why you call it an emulation).

I wasn't aware Carl Martin made a real spring reverb. Sounds like I would dig it!!
Old 19th August 2012
I like the feature to switch between long and short reverb.
Old 20th August 2012
Lives for gear

Yeah that is why I got it. Its smaller then the tank with better options and similar tone - although one person here said it sounded like an emulation - it also can run on boss 9v or a battery.

You get bypass or one of two reverbs.

Sent from my SGH-T959 2
Old 20th August 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
I heard Ed Droste *singing* through one of these at a Grizzly Bear concert in 2009. The sound sent shivers down my spine. It was probably largely due to his voice, but obviously the pedal works for him.
It's not the most versatile pedal, but it sounds great for what it does.
Old 20th August 2012
Lives for gear

Space + MXR113
Old 20th August 2012
Gear Maniac

Another vote for the Wet Reverb. It's very "guitaristic" and responds beautifully to the pick. It feels like an integral part of your tone, not a layer of goop plopped on after the fact. I also like that it's just two easy-access knobs. I often tweak it with my foot live while playing. I haven't found another guitar reverb that does that. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's true bypass and thus can't do trails.

My other reverb on my pedalboard is a delay/reverb program I tweaked up in an ancient Lexicon LXP5. It uses a quasi-multitap design with a long initial delay followed by faster cycling delays feeding the reverb. TONS of wash without mangling the initial pick attack. I actually have that huge LXP5 velcro'd down to my board just for that program. It gets even more use than the Wet. Can't buy that off the shelf, I'm afraid.
Old 21st August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kludge View Post
Another vote for the Wet Reverb. It's very "guitaristic" and responds beautifully to the pick. It feels like an integral part of your tone, not a layer of goop plopped on after the fact. I also like that it's just two easy-access knobs. I often tweak it with my foot live while playing. I haven't found another guitar reverb that does that. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's true bypass and thus can't do trails.

My other reverb on my pedalboard is a delay/reverb program I tweaked up in an ancient Lexicon LXP5. It uses a quasi-multitap design with a long initial delay followed by faster cycling delays feeding the reverb. TONS of wash without mangling the initial pick attack. I actually have that huge LXP5 velcro'd down to my board just for that program. It gets even more use than the Wet. Can't buy that off the shelf, I'm afraid.
Fancy sharing the patch
Old 10th September 2012
Here for the gear

I also really like the WET Reverb from Neunaber Technology (I use it mostly on synthesizers).
The only drawback for me is the lack of a "Pre Delay" parameter.
I often find that the reverb comes in a little late, especially with short melodic sounds (let alone percussion material - it is obviously not the right device for this kind of sound).
For that reason I'll probably buy the blueSky or SPACE shortly.

Indeed an hardware VRoom unit would be AWESOME. heh
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear