The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Favorite Reverb Pedals?
Old 17th May 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophonic View Post
Revisiting this topic 3 years later, in your view is there now such a thing as an ideal pedal that covers all matters reverb, at least in regards to these criteria:

1. the early Lexicon (224 etc ) sound in algorithms such as Concert Hall, Rich Plate, Rich Chamber

2. thick "processed" sounding reverb of H3000

3. rather real renditions of existing spaces (hall, room, plate).

4. ambient soundscape reverb tails

If you find there is not a single pedal, which combo would get you there ?
maybe take a look at the oto bam.

i for myself do not care at all anymore for the criteria you mention. i am totally looking forward to dba rooms.
Old 21st May 2020
Lives for gear

Thanks, Rooms could be cool. So Rooms does "real spaces" and "gonkulator into reverb" stuff for noise and ambient soundscapes.
Paired with another reverb pedal could cover a lot of ground.
Old 22nd May 2020
Gear Addict

MXR M300 for me. The plate there is beautiful and the pad reverb is great as well. Plus it has a kill dry option so you can use it live and use the pedal as a mono reverb plugin in your DAW combined with something like Radial EXTC.
Old 22nd May 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Revisiting this topic 3 years later, in your view is there now such a thing as an ideal pedal that covers all matters reverb, at least in regards to these criteria:

1. the early Lexicon (224 etc ) sound in algorithms such as Concert Hall, Rich Plate, Rich Chamber

2. thick "processed" sounding reverb of H3000

3. rather real renditions of existing spaces (hall, room, plate).

4. ambient soundscape reverb tails

If you find there is not a single pedal, which combo would get you there ?
H9 will let you get there and tweak settings on the app.
Old 27th May 2020
Lives for gear

@ Guitarist9891 :
i heard good things about M300, but just 2 knobs for tweaking is tough, especially when a reverb pedal serves double duty as a "studio reverb", like the great rack reverbs of the 80s/90s.

@ nedorama :
for the same reason i would rather go with Space. I wonder why Eventide doesn't release a new Space version 2020 with the features of the H9, or a knobby H9 if you will.

How about Empress, Ventris or any other "big" reverb pedal - a pedal that gets updated frequently, with a few more knobs, classic and modern algorithms, great sound, live tweaking, is there anything that checks all of these reqirements in your opinion ?

Last edited by Prophonic; 27th May 2020 at 05:19 AM..
Old 27th May 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
@ Guitarist9891 :
i heard good things about M300, but just 2 knobs for tweaking is tough, especially when a reverb pedal serves double duty as a "studio reverb", like the great rack reverbs of the 80s/90s.
Oh it definitely wouldn’t be my only reverb in the studio but it does have a cool vibe. When it works for the song it’s great.

I like to use it on mono clean guitar parts that are panned to the side. If it is two separate parts, for example an arpeggio and a long rake panned opposite each other, I like to apply mono reverbs panned the same as the track or a little wider. The m300 with the Radial EXTC works great in those scenarios.

If I only could have one reverb pedal I would get the Strymon BluSky. (Don’t own it but it is on my list)
Old 27th May 2020
I still use an old Lexicon LXP-1 like Steve Kimock. It's not up front, it's used in the amp's effects loop. Post overdrive it's instant live David Gilmour.
Old 28th May 2020
Lives for gear

I still use my old PCM-80, and it still sounds great. But i wouldn't carry it around and would prefer a pedal in addition.
Old 28th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
are there some smaller/boutique options that people prefer?
Up until ~10 months ago I didn't even own a reverb pedal, and if you'd asked me whether I wanted a reverb pedal I would have emphatically declared "No!"

Then I got a Chase Bliss Audio MOOD.

Now, it's a huge disservice to call the MOOD a "reverb pedal". It's a micro-looper/granular ambiance phuker-upper par excellence that just happens to do -- among it's plethora of non-reverb tricks -- a very bizarre, textured, semi-unpredictable and wonderfully musical form of reverb that is highly addictive ...like crack! Awesome pedal.
Old 29th May 2020
Lives for gear

Dd you try any of the other Chase Bliss pedals, Dark World, Blooper, Thermae ? Which is the most adventurous ?
Old 29th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakestree View Post
You guys know spring pedals are being made?
Yes, the Demeter Reverbulator is a true analog real spring reverb in pedal form. It's quite a lot larger than a standard pedal.

Although I own a Reverbulator and it's a good pedal I like my new Strymon Flint pedal better. The Flint's spring reverb is amazing! I've only had my Flint for a week and I'm already thinking about putting my Reverbulator up for sale.
Old 29th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Dd you try any of the other Chase Bliss pedals, Dark World, Blooper, Thermae ? Which is the most adventurous ?
One of my bandmates owns Thermae and Dark World, but I haven't really paid attention to how they're getting used or what they're good for. otoh I have been very closely watching Blooper, reading every online review and watching a crap-ton of videos, vicariously trying to wrap my head around it so that when the time is right I can snatch one...but that's because I do a lot of work with multiple loopers, so having yet another tool of that nature is almost inevitable for me.

That being said, the few CBA users I know who own both MOOD and Blooper all seem to agree that MOOD is the more "adventurous" ...although the words they usually use are "inspiring" or "unpredictable".
Old 31st May 2020
Lives for gear

Thanks, Bob.
Old 1st June 2020
Here for the gear

I use the Neunaber Wet Reverb on my mainboard and the Hall of Fame on a second board.
But for me reverb isn´t a importend effect i a live situation.
Old 4th June 2020
Lives for gear

Dr Scientist new reverb pedal called the Atmosphere. If it anything like the work he put into the old reverb and Tremolo pedals, its going to be something special. Anyone here try it?
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear