The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Favorite Reverb Pedals?
Old 22nd June 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbigd0 View Post
...Flint. Only pedal I have ever regretted selling. The other 2 "Bigger" models have way more options, but there was surely something about the Flint that was extra special (in the Reverb dept). Along with it have the second Vib/Trem function which was very good.
Love my Flint.

Here are a couple of my little bass explorations with my Rickenbacker 4004L SPC.
Attached Files

1219.MP3 (1.06 MB, 2874 views)

1367.MP3 (2.21 MB, 2894 views)

Old 26th June 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakestree View Post
Having so much fun with this, right now.

Industrialectric RM-1N
This thing has some bold options that sound really good in the demos I've checked out. Not sure about availability though.
Old 27th June 2016 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
My favorite HW reverb is the Strymon BigSky.

For SW it's Eventide Blackhole.
BlueSky is great too, my father just got one and the reverb just feels like a continuation of the string vibrations. None of that artificial and weird sounding top-end etc. You get with a Mooer Shimverb, for example.
Old 28th June 2016 | Show parent

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubs View Post
Neunaber Seraphim (best shimmer in a pedal, imo)
Digitech Hardwire Supernatural (Plate and Spring are just gorgeous)
Red Panda Context (Plate, Hall, Cathedral)
I just got a Supernatural because I needed the best spring reverb I could find. I chose this over Strymon and EHX and everything else I could find. And the amazing plate and effect reverbs are just a bonus.

An option I have been seriously tempted with is the Logidy pedal that runs impulse responses ... logidy.com

This seems like a really good idea - would love to hear from somebody who has compared with good algorithm pedals ...

The Neunaber stuff sounds exceptional - I believe that will be my next reverb pedal purchase, but at the moment i'm really into spring reverbs.

So maybe a real spring will be my next purchase ...
Old 28th June 2016 | Show parent
ValhallaDSP

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
I just got a Supernatural because I needed the best spring reverb I could find. I chose this over Strymon and EHX and everything else I could find. And the amazing plate and effect reverbs are just a bonus.

An option I have been seriously tempted with is the Logidy pedal that runs impulse responses ... logidy.com

This seems like a really good idea - would love to hear from somebody who has compared with good algorithm pedals ...

The Neunaber stuff sounds exceptional - I believe that will be my next reverb pedal purchase, but at the moment i'm really into spring reverbs.

So maybe a real spring will be my next purchase ...
Have you tried the spring in the Strymon Flint?
Old 29th June 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
As much as I love the sounds from the Flint, the spring reverb setting is not all that great IMO+E. The other reverbs are fantastic.
Old 1st July 2016 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
As much as I love the sounds from the Flint, the spring reverb setting is not all that great IMO+E. The other reverbs are fantastic.
i love the plate on the flint (70s?) i think its nicer then the plates on the big sky.. i have a big sky right now though..
Old 1st July 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
My favorite spring pedal was the Catalinbread Topanga. Ultimately I slimmed down my pedalboard and went with more versatile pedals. Currently using the Digitech Polara, which is a great all-rounder.
Old 1st July 2016 | Show parent

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
Yes I have - my choice came down to the Flint or the Supernatural, and I chose the Supernatural.

I intend to buy a collection of some real spring tanks and experiment with ways of driving these.
Old 1st July 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
You guys know spring pedals are being made?
Old 2nd July 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Need (yeah right) to get one & kinda torn between getting a Earthquaker dispatch master or Catalinbread Talisman for plate-like.
Though Talisman does seem to be ahead of the pack in that territory.

Money (and wait time) no object I'd go for the Industrialelectric for bold factor.

Last edited by chet.d; 2nd July 2016 at 01:36 PM..
Old 2nd July 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I used to use one of these, a bit big for a pedalboard but it did have a handle on it!

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
The ones i've seen have ridiculously short springs that sound bad.
Old 2nd July 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I been using the dispatch master by earthquaker a lot lately....
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet.d View Post
Need (yeah right) to get one & kinda torn between getting a Earthquaker dispatch master or Catalinbread Talisman for plate-like.
Though Talisman does seem to be ahead of the pack in that territory.

Money (and wait time) no object I'd go for the Industrialelectric for bold factor.
Dispatch Master is an awesome pedal, and would be my choice between those two. But, the reverb is pretty basic.

I was very skeptical of the RM-1N. But, since getting one, I've been blown away. It is well worth the money/wait/hunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
The ones i've seen have ridiculously short springs that sound bad.

Here's a few I like.

Uverbia

Endless Summer

Orion

I think I prefer the sound of the Endless Summer. And, it is likely the cheapest to purchase. But, unfortunately, it looks like it isn't being made anymore.
Old 2nd July 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
For me, personally...every reverb I've ever tried, beginning with the springs on a Peavey Musician back in 1974, thru Lexicon MX-200s, various Alesis, Yamaha, Mackie, Behringer, A&H and other consoles, all plugins, including Izotope, Cakewalk, T-Racks, Valhalla, up thru and including our Bricasti M7...suffer from one, consistent obstacle.

The "amount" knob(s) sweep is X percent "not enough", and 100-X percent " way too much", with the sweet spot occupying about one quarter of a percent range of the knob's travel.

One step deeper into this issue...the sweet spot varies slightly from song to song, depending on density and timbre of other signals, in relation to whatever spectra work for guitar on that song.

We just got a pair of Eventide H9s, one being a Max (making both Maxes, since the algos are licensed to 5 devices).

Though I have yet to escape the preset jungle, two things seem interesting.

One.. very few, if any...hate Eventide reverbs. Solid palatte to work with.

Two, any variable, or vollection of editable variables can be assigned to and expression pedal but that's not all.

Each variable, independantly, can have a portion of its total range assigned to the full range of the expression pedal, such that the tiny "sweet spot", between "too little" and "too much", can be spread out across the expression pedal's full range of travel.

That's theory.

I'll holla back when I have time to prove or disprove it.
Old 3rd July 2016 | Show parent

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee4303 View Post
For me, personally...every reverb I've ever tried, beginning with the springs on a Peavey Musician back in 1974, thru Lexicon MX-200s, various Alesis, Yamaha, Mackie, Behringer, A&H and other consoles, all plugins, including Izotope, Cakewalk, T-Racks, Valhalla, up thru and including our Bricasti M7...suffer from one, consistent obstacle.

The "amount" knob(s) sweep is X percent "not enough", and 100-X percent " way too much", with the sweet spot occupying about one quarter of a percent range of the knob's travel.

One step deeper into this issue...the sweet spot varies slightly from song to song, depending on density and timbre of other signals, in relation to whatever spectra work for guitar on that song.

We just got a pair of Eventide H9s, one being a Max (making both Maxes, since the algos are licensed to 5 devices).

Though I have yet to escape the preset jungle, two things seem interesting.

One.. very few, if any...hate Eventide reverbs. Solid palatte to work with.

Two, any variable, or vollection of editable variables can be assigned to and expression pedal but that's not all.

Each variable, independantly, can have a portion of its total range assigned to the full range of the expression pedal, such that the tiny "sweet spot", between "too little" and "too much", can be spread out across the expression pedal's full range of travel.

That's theory.

I'll holla back when I have time to prove or disprove it.
I say your theory is busted.
I agree it's important to get the balance of wet and dry right, and that it varies from song to song or mix to mix. But that's where the digital units are fantastic - i've never had a problem dialing up the correct wet dry mix with any digital unit. That's the advantage of storing your own presets for easy recall.

Many of the digital units allow you to set the max and min settings for an expression pedal. Sometimes you need to vary both the dry level and the wet level at the same time ... if you wanted to morph from fully dry to full wet for example, you might need a panning pedal to achieve this - instead of panning from left to right you can use it to pan from fully wet to fully dry (on the send to your reverb if you still want stereo reverb).

I would choose a reverb for it's sound, and then work with whatever it takes to mix it. It might be best to use a reverb as 100% wet - but for small pedal boards I usualy just let the pedal do the mixing.
Old 3rd July 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Still really liking Eventide Space and Eventide H9.

www.waltzmastering.com
Old 7th July 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Dispatch Master is an awesome pedal, and would be my choice between those two. But, the reverb is pretty basic.

I was very skeptical of the RM-1N. But, since getting one, I've been blown away. It is well worth the money/wait/hunt.

Every time I almost get the dispatch master I hold off thinking I should wait till Sept for Andrew to get the RM-1N going out again. It's a ridiculously hard thing to do though for obvious sonic lust reasons. Hence kinda torn.
Old 7th July 2016 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet.d View Post
Every time I almost get the dispatch master I hold off thinking I should wait till Sept for Andrew to get the RM-1N going out again. It's a ridiculously hard thing to do though for obvious sonic lust reasons. Hence kinda torn.
Get both. Job done.
Old 21st February 2017 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I've been really loving the Digitech Polara. Here's my review:

Old 21st February 2017 | Show parent
Gear Head

Dr. Scientist makes a pedal called the Reverberator, and it is an incredible reverb pedal...lots of modes to it, but I use one sweet spot on there for everything and it tingles my loins. HIGHLY recommended!
Old 23rd February 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm pretty lo-class with my gear but Electro Harmonix has a tiny little box with a plate setting for not too much money, and in theory it's exactly what I would want. If I ever see one in a store I'll find out whether it works in practice.
GS Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamike View Post
I've been really loving the Digitech Polara. Here's my review:

Really cool!

I picked one of these up on a Black Friday Amazon deal last year at a hefty discount but have barely used it yet... that will now change.
Lives for gear

Interesting thread.

In general, I don't like most reverb pedals or reverb devices. There are 2 that I LOVE:

1) Earthquaker Dispatch - I love this because it is crisp, clean and surfy. I don't know how they did it, but the combination is perfect:

2) MicMix Reverb - Not pedals, but these sound great. One trick ponies, but a great trick...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by koontzness View Post
Dr. Scientist makes a pedal called the Reverberator, and it is an incredible reverb pedal...lots of modes to it, but I use one sweet spot on there for everything and it tingles my loins. HIGHLY recommended!

He just made the last one. It is a very nice reverb. But, when I had one, I always found myself going back to my favorite patch, the rotating speaker!
Old 24th February 2017
Gear Nut
My favorites are:

1) Earthquaker Devices Transmisser

2) Mr. Black Eterna

3) Mr. Black Supermoon

4) Matthews Effects Cosmonaut

5) Eventide Space
Old 24th February 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
No, it really has springs in it. That's why I called it a 'genuine spring reverb'.

I like it because it sounds as good as my old Fender Reverb Unit but it's smaller and has two settings so you can switch between a long and short reverb and you can also use an external footswitch if you want to stick it behind your amp.

I have found this is the best thing to do, as stepping on it wrong can give you that loud bang (again, real springs no DSP - not sure why you call it an emulation).

I made a mistake and was thinking of something else.
Old 24th February 2017
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I'm currently interested in the Catalinbread Topanga (spring) and Talisman (plate) reverbs. Tested out the Topanga and it sounded very compelling. I would like to give the Talisman a shot. You can get a pedal that does a lot of different reverbs fairly well or something like these Catalinbreads that specialize in one type of reverb. I already have a Fender Twin with a nice spring reverb so I'm leaning towards the Talisman plate for my Boogie.
Old 16th May 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Revisiting this topic 3 years later, in your view is there now such a thing as an ideal pedal that covers all matters reverb, at least in regards to these criteria:

1. the early Lexicon (224 etc ) sound in algorithms such as Concert Hall, Rich Plate, Rich Chamber

2. thick "processed" sounding reverb of H3000

3. rather real renditions of existing spaces (hall, room, plate).

4. ambient soundscape reverb tails

If you find there is not a single pedal, which combo would get you there ?
πŸ“ Reply