The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Post your amps!
Old 24th August 2012
Gear Nut

1968 Fender Deluxe Reverb. Was sitting in my friends uncles garage for years and gave it to me when they were cleaning out.

It's a silverface, but what I've been told when I brought it in for some maintenance to get it back to 100% was that it was the transition year that fender switched from blackface to silverface, but the internal parts stayed the same.

Amp sounds absolutely amazing
Old 26th August 2012
Gear Nut

Total over kill, but even after a new set of tubes it was still only a little more than the mini rectifier I walked in planning to buy.
Old 26th August 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

I just got my Ampeg Jet 2 back from the shop. I love this amp for clean playing. It has wonderful reverb and tremalo. While it was out of commission I bought a new Vox ac15 which I also like a lot. I also have a THD Univalve and a ZT Lunchbox. The Lunchbox is great for keyboards as well as guitar. Definitely not a toy despite its tiny stature.

PJ
Old 6th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Pictured:

-RockNRoll Amps CR60

-Splawn Nitro

-Splawn Quickrod

-Fortin Meathead

Not pictured:

-Cornford MK50 MkII

-Marshall Slash Signature AFD100

After testing / comparing many amps over the years, these are the keepers. These are what get used all the time in the studio. Love `em all.

The RockNRoll Amps CR60 might be the most versatile. Compact frame and relatively light-weight but sounds just as huge as all the others. Ultra ballsy, ultra dynamic, rich tone. You can switch the choke in and out for two totally different characters, not many amps out there can do this, very cool. Has other very nifty features too. This is one seriously bad-ass amp. Just sounds huge.

The Splawns, also awesome sounding, ultra versatile amps. The Nitro is a bit more modern sounding, more focused and meaty, and the Quickrod is a bit more "Marshall-esque", more open, etc. Everything that company makes is killer... including their cabinets.

The Fortin Meathead.... six-channel beast!!! To my knowledge you can no longer purchase this exact amp, I believe the designer and builder, Mr. Fortin, sold his designs to Randall... so you might see this amp appear on the market down the road as a Randall at some point. Amazing amp.

The Cornford, great contrast to the others, ultra bite, very fast and dynamic for a high gain amp, likely because it doesn't have a choke. Of all "modern" style amps out there, this is the king for me... though I more often lean towards more "traditional" type tones.

The Marshall Slash, was never too fond of modern Marshalls, and not even a big fan of Slash specifically, but Mr. Fortin actually recommended this particular amp so I gave it a shot... and was glad I did. It's essentially a "reproduction" of an early `70's style Marshall... and actually really sounds like it... it delivers the goods and is a lot easier to deal with than an actual vintage unit... its got the sound without the headaches. Quality piece.

The quest is over, these amps are here to stay.
Old 20th September 2012 | Show parent
My "new" Schaller.

A KV40 from 1963 I guess...
Old 25th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Boogie MK 1 Reissue

Attached Thumbnails
Post your amps!-boogie-001-small-.jpg  
Old 1st November 2012
Lives for gear

My primary amps.

Tweed Super 5F4 (homebuilt)

Marshall 18-watt (homebuilt, as is the guitar pictured)

'67 Ampeg Reverberocket that I restored:

I also use a little Vox Pathfinder at times and a Morley JD-10 for DI into my interface.
Old 8th November 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

-Fortin Meathead

Nice!
Old 8th November 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebennyd View Post
-Fortin Meathead

Nice!
I understand those are not available anymore, what a shame, what on earth did one of those cost? What a beasty!
Old 12th November 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
I understand those are not available anymore, what a shame, what on earth did one of those cost? What a beasty!
If I remember correctly they started at about 5k. I've been looking to score a "Bones" for a while, now; they're a little hard to come by
Old 12th November 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear
My wife would cave my skull in w it while I slept if I spent that much.
Must be nice to be able to afford that level of gear.
Old 13th November 2012
Here for the gear

I got a 70's musicman 212HD and it is the absolute king when I use it out. I also have a orange tiny terror 1x12 and a Vox AC4 head.
Old 27th January 2013
Post your amps!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1359299173.530120.jpg
My collection.. A custom built Splawn Pro Mod that was built for Rich Ward of Stuck Mojo/ Fozzy
A 1983 2204 JCM800 with a extra gain stage
A 1978 JMP, another rich ward amp ( this one was on Pigwalk)
A 1987 Fender dual showman
And A Bugera 333xl
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Head
[/url]
📝 Reply