The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Recommendations for Telecaster strings Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
John started a thread giving string gauges of the pros here somewhere. You might be surprised to find out just how many players that people consider gods of tone actually play .008 - .010 sets. I myself discovered when, as the result of an accident, I had to lighten up to .009 to be able to stand playing, I could get the same tone by twiddling those mysterious "tone" and "volume" knobs on my amp. It's an ELECTRIC guitar...
I've used .009's for 30 some odd years and never had an issue with tone. For me it is the guitar, the amp and the way I attack the guitar. I've always been known for my tone. I just can't bend the heavier strings the way I want and I have strong fingers as I also play acoustic guitar with mediums.
Old 31st March 2018
ccg
Gear Maniac

Ernie Ball 11s or skinny top heavy bottom depending on the tele in question. I'm all Ernie Ball, though I'm a big fan of the Pearse on acoustics. I like new strings, so I don't worry too much about how long they last.
Old 31st March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lugo View Post
I like Boomer 10's.
+1

For my MIJ Thinline I use SIT nickel 11-50's
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search