The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Using multi-effect pedal "EXP pedal" to control external HW Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Using multi-effect pedal "EXP pedal" to control external HW

Hello,

I'm currently experimenting with a GSP1101 and its a great device. I have it connected to my amp via the 4CM method and I'm using it more for delays and effects and such.

Now heres the thing...

I have a Boss GT8 collecting dust in the corner and I would like to use JUST the expression pedal from it to control some parameters in the GSP1101, such as Wah, delay level etc etc. I would also like to use the expression pedal switch to turn the wah effect on the GSP1101 on and off, like it does in the GT8. I do not want any of the sound effects or patches at all...just the expression pedal parameters.

Would this be possible using a standard jack from the GT8 into the GSPs jack input for expression pedal, or do I have to go via MIDI?

Does anyone here use one gears expression pedal to control external gear? If so how do you connect them, and does it work well? Would I be better off buying a dedicated expression pedal?

I know it can be done, as someone has claimed to have gotten a GT6 to work in this fashion over HERE, but I dont know how they did it.

Thanks!
-DD
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search