The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
(Jeff Tweedy)Can Anyone ID this model?
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac

(Jeff Tweedy)Can Anyone ID this model?

Saw this picture on the cover of a D'addario string catalog... Love the pickguard--anyone know what this is?
Attached Thumbnails
(Jeff Tweedy)Can Anyone ID this model?-img_1609.jpg  
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I know it's a Gibson and a few sources say it's a 57 J-45. I looks a little small to be a J-45 but who knows. I think the pickguard is after market.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac

yes, its a j45. and its an aftermarket flamenco type pickguard like this one:

Overige GUITAR PICKGUARD FLAMENCO /SET 2 PCS /TRANSPARENT - Main Music

regards
Old 16th September 2011
Here for the gear

Those pick guards look like the ones on the Gibson "folk"model.
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Gibson F-25 Folk Model Wide Neck

Gibson F-25 Folk Model Wide Neck - Norman's Rare Guitars
Old 21st October 2011
Here for the gear

Gibson Folksinger F-25 model. The Gibson f-25 folksinger acoustic classical guitar was introduced in 1963 and stopped production in 1971 . The guitar was 14 - 1/2 " wide, most of them had double white pickguards, it had a classical body shape, flat top , mahogany back and sides, 12 frets, dot inlays, and were made in dark walnut natural finishes.
Old 9th November 2011
Gear Maniac

never had heard of the f-25 before. looks great!
Old 6th December 2011
Lives for gear

Just waiting for a toddler and a box of indelible felt tips.....
Old 25th June 2012
60's Gibson Folksinger. I have one, but mine is missing the lower pick guard. I think they put the pick guards on there because, (spoken with old man voice) "kids these days are banging on the guitars with these things called plectrums, we must protect the wood by glueing giant pieces of plastic to them."

I played mine at a studio where I was doing a session in trade for a guitar. It belonged to the artist. He wanted me to take his Godin electric with hum buckers, piezo, midi and some minding reading thing. I did. Never played it. A year later he called and said "I want my Godin back, will you trade it for the Gibson?" Yoink! Based on the bridge design I don't think it was ever intended to be a flamenco guitar.

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search