The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vetta died
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear

Vetta died

Hello Gearslutz, long time listener, first time caller.

So my Line 6 Vetta died yesterday. One display just has bars, the other is blank and I'm getting no sound out of it. I am probably going to pick up an HD 500 today to replace it with as I need something for my little home studio and you cant get parts for the Vetta anymore.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the power amp and speakers are still fine in the Vetta, and was wondering if it might be possible to bypass the computer in the and plug the Pod straight in to the power amp section. It's that or sell the old girl for parts.

I'm sure the HD 500 would sound fine in my monitors, and I don't gig, but sometimes I like to crank it to 11 and piss off the neighbors. Anyone have any suggestions? I am fairly handy with a soldering iron though I don't know all that much about electronics.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear
So, there's no effects loop or power amp in on your Vetta? If there is, just plug the HD500 into that (turn off the speaker sims) and see how it goes. If not, you need to find the schematic online somewhere and get someone with some knowledge to tell you where to tap in (plan on a $50-70 bench charge and $10 for a jack and wire).
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Check the power supply
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Addict

Dramey, I would check 2 things... There is little battery that is probably good for 10 years. It may have gone south. It's 3V Lithium Cosmos CR2430 3PTH Battery. Reomote chance if you still have power but no memory capbility. The other thing is try reflashing the firmware. I think it's Sysex. I think it's available still on the line6.com website under software downloads.

BTW, there is a Stereo FX Loop on the Vetta, so if all are working in the power section, the HD500 will work fine.
Old 15th September 2011
Here for the gear

That battery has been dead for a couple years now. It loses settings when I turn it off. This seems to be something else. It is probably worth a try though. I didn't even think to reinstall the firmware. I will give that a try too.

I picked up the HD500 today I guess I'll see how that works through the effects loop.

Thanks for the advice.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search