The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Show your FAV GUITAR...
Old 19th July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
ES-5 switchmaster

That is amazingly gorgeous. And the shoes are pretty dope too!
Old 20th July 2012
Lives for gear
Man, some of these you can just feel the tone potential. What a sweet Jazz puppy that one.

Oh yeah, guy above with the room of like a 100 guitars, your ex-wife called, she wants her support increased...
Old 20th July 2012
Here for the gear

This is my baby, and not biased at all.. I think she is the best looking guitar I have ever seen.

Old 20th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstrahle View Post
In the studio with my G&L Legacy Special. Plays like butter. Second only to my main strat.
Is that Justin Bieber in the picture?

Old 21st July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkas View Post
Is that Justin Bieber in the picture?

Yeah and his grandmother. He and his grandparents and his mom showed up at the studio when I was tracking a solo on a song he and Taylor Swift wrote.
Old 22nd July 2012
This is my first guitar..I've had it since I was 13 (I'm 29), and it refuses to be outdone.

Old 22nd July 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by willylumplumps View Post
This is my first guitar..I've had it since I was 13 (I'm 29), and it refuses to be outdone.

Curious, how are the frets holding up on that puppy?
Old 22nd July 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Yeah and his grandmother. He and his grandparents and his mom showed up at the studio when I was tracking a solo on a song he and Taylor Swift wrote.
Ahh, to by that young, rich and famous must be quite a life.
Old 22nd July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Curious, how are the frets holding up on that puppy?
The high "e" sticks sometimes...I have been putting off getting it fixed, but its gonna happen sooner or later.
Old 22nd July 2012
Gear Maniac

This is kind of a double post (since I just posted this in the Tele thread)...

Here's my AV '62 RI that slowly worked its way to being my #1 (after playing Gibson's for forty plus years).

I also have a AmStd Strat (2010) and a 'Blacktop' Tele (that is receiving some small mods).

Old 22nd July 2012
Old 22nd July 2012
Gear Maniac

One off Hollowbody PRS
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-imageuploadedbygearslutz1342969350.176808.jpg  
Old 22nd July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Ahh, to by that young, rich and famous must be quite a life.
And surprisingly he's a normal kid. Worked quite a bit with him in the last few months. Even co-wrote a song with him.
Old 24th July 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
That is amazingly gorgeous. And the shoes are pretty dope too!
Cheers and the shoes are "Top Ten's" hahaha

Here's my second, it's a total mutt these days.

It was my first decent guitar and started life as a black mexican strat when i was 16.
I wore the frets down to nothing in about 2 years and then stopped playing it because i had no idea you could fix that... Eventually I got a tech to put a new allparts neck on it.
When I got it back he said "never remove this neck from this guitar they were made for each other" and he's right it rings like nothing else. After that I replaced the trem block witha solid steel block and gutted the electronics. They were replaced with custom shop 54 pickups, cts pots and jack. Then last summer I painted it ice blue with some automotive lacquer.

I know it sounds ridiculous but this little bitser can hang with custom shop strats

Old 24th July 2012
Shortbread, that guitar is beautiful!
Old 24th July 2012
Gear Addict

Are acoustics allowed? This is my late 1800's no brand parlor guitar. Sound is in the old martin vein. It was my great grandmother's and she used to play old psalms on it. It was in pieces when I found it, and several luthiers turned down my request to have it fixed. "No sorry, we don't do corpses". After finally having found someone to take on the job, she's my number one prized posession. Wouldn't trade her for a Fairchild 660 or a U47. Amazing for fingerpicking and light strumming.
Old 24th July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergo View Post
Are acoustics allowed? This is my late 1800's no brand parlor guitar. Sound is in the old martin vein. It was my great grandmother's and she used to play old psalms on it. It was in pieces when I found it, and several luthiers turned down my request to have it fixed. "No sorry, we don't do corpses". After finally having found someone to take on the job, she's my number one prized posession. Wouldn't trade her for a Fairchild 660 or a U47. Amazing for fingerpicking and light strumming.
What about for a Fairchild AND a U47?

She is beautiful and rightfully valued.
Old 24th July 2012
Lives for gear
I had/have my favs

Bc Rich Bich custom shop, baritone, arched top, string-thru-body,
only one hambucker.
No volume or tone pots, 2 switches: on/off and a custom booster
circuit (switch on/off for this one as well) custom made by Neal Moser.
It was the guitar of my dreams, I sold it because while on paper it was
the ultimate bad-ass downtuned guitar (0.95 gauge strings)
it has never sounded as big and full as my Les Paul Baritone (below)
So I was never using it :/
Kept the LP and the other Bc Rich

The Les Paul is a baritone, as well, genuine standard Gibson PU (tried many,
liked these better), 0.70/0.22 gauge strings, shielded circuit.

Bc Rich Dagger is a regular one, paid nothing for it but it sounds incredibly
warm and rich.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-bich-detail.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-bich.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-lp.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-three.jpg  
Old 24th July 2012
Lives for gear

Built this one from scratch from mahogany and ebony. I started the project in '93 (I was 23). Completed it in'95. I had no woodworking experience at the time, but I was always good with my hands. I showed it to a respected guitar repairman - he offered me a job. I've been doing lutherie (mostly repair) as a profession ever since. Now, almost 20 years later it's still my main (and currently my only) solid-body 6-string.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-img_4716.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-img_4714.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-r1-02252-002abw-copy.jpg  
Old 24th July 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
What about for a Fairchild AND a U47?
No dice.
Old 24th July 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Vibrato View Post
Built this one from scratch from mahogany and ebony. I started the project in '93 (I was 23). Completed it in'95. I had no woodworking experience at the time, but I was always good with my hands. I showed it to a respected guitar repairman - he offered me a job. I've been doing lutherie (mostly repair) as a profession ever since. Now, almost 20 years later it's still my main (and currently my only) solid-body 6-string.
Great guitar and great story. I work with guitars also.

VP
Old 25th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Great guitar and great story. I work with guitars also.

VP
Thanks. Just for an example of how it sounds, here's a recording of a Sunday afternoon jam session a couple months ago. Just four tracks (vox, acoustic, electric, bass) tracked live in my living room. My friend David sang and strummed acoustic guitar. My wife, Jenn played bass. And that's me on my homemade electric guitar, with a single SM57 in front of my '63 Vibroverb reissue.
Old 25th July 2012
Lives for gear

Not a Les Paul per se this guitar was one of my early favorites. The picture is me at 17 playing the guitar in a church in La Mesa Calif. The Guitar is called 'No.2' and is part of a series of two guitars each tagged as 'The Bone' followed with No.1 and No.2. There were two 'Bones' and they were built for a local San Diego guitarist named Jack Sherman by Bob Huff at a shop called American Dream Music. American Dream Music in those days was located in Lemon Grove, Calif - right off Hiway 94. It was the cool musician's hang in the 70's. Many famous luthiers got their start in that shop. Bob Taylor (Yes That Taylor....Taylor Guitars) painted both guitars after Bob Huff built them from scratch. Bob Huff was quite a luthier at his young age...I think he was only 22 when he built the guitars.

Jack had the first one built - all white with gold trim. He had dog bones put as fret markers. Deciding he didn't like that one he had #2 built, again with dog bones. He also had little diode lights placed on the side of the neck - these lit up and helped Sherman see where he was on the neck on a dark stage before the lights came up ( that's the myth he told me at the time). The diodes stopped working years ago.

He decided he liked the first one best and ended up giving me #2 for a mere pittance. This is that guitar after 37 years. It shows it's age and the pleasure with which I played it. There is a tiny hole down beneath the two tone controls - that was done by another long time guitar shop without my permission. I was getting a secret boosting amp fixed. Originally Sherman had this small preamp installed in the circuit - and there was a button on the back plastic control cavity you would push to get about 15 - 20 db of boost. Back in the voodoo days of guitars that was quite a cool little trick to have. Anyway the button broke and I sent it in for repair and this idiot drilled a hole to put in a DPDT switch. I was mad for years - and never brought anything to those guys again.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-rocking-bone.jpeg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-bone-2.jpg  
Old 25th July 2012
Gear Addict

Carvin DC135 (Heavily modified!) Buckeye Burl Alembic Further
Old 25th July 2012
Here for the gear

It's hard to pick one.

'93 CIJ Jazzmaster
Gibson 1939 J35 RI
'61 SG RI

Old 26th July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpkr76 View Post
It's hard to pick one.

'93 CIJ Jazzmaster
Gibson 1939 J35 RI
'61 SG RI

All very nice. The Jazzmaster is my son's fave right now.
Old 26th July 2012
Gear Addict

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3waytie4last View Post
It took you two days to come up with that? Your English teacher is gonna be mighty mad. Or did you just need to find an adult who could define "charlatan" for you?

But totally, makes sense, most 50 year olds who've been playing forever and are great post exactly like every 15 year old on Harmony Central forums (do those even exist anymore?). They also tend to provide absolutely no value while consuming infinite amounts of bandwidth with non-pinions that came straight out of the youtube videos that they just watched. And, they tend to reply to their own messages repeatedly and consistently.

Props bro, you rawk! You win at the internets.
Old 26th July 2012
Gear Nut

My favorite rhythm sound is a '98 LP Std. Favorite lead sound and playing by far is an '88 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist. The Jackson looks period-specific I know, but it still kills as a lead guitar.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-dsc07397.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-dsc07407.jpg  
Old 26th July 2012
Lives for gear

all I'll ever need (for the time being )

Old 28th July 2012
Lives for gear

well, I gotta do two

Just bought a condo so I had to thin the herd. Saved my two favorite babies!

(burst) all-original vintage, october of 1963, Fender Jazzmaster.

(lake placid blue) 2007 USA Fender "thin skin" jazzmaster ~ special run/limited edition w/matching headstock and some custom shop features.

I love them both.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-guitars.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search