The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Show your FAV GUITAR...
Old 23rd June 2012
This is my custom Guatamalan rosewood Lakefront guitar built by Paul Adams in Peoria, IL.

I picked out the woods and it was built in 1979. It has an Indian rosewood neck with a Madagascar ebony fingerboard and a bone nut. The pickups are Bartolini triple coils, there are switches to select humbucking or both individual single coils. All mods are humcancelling as there is a dummy coil fitted inside them.

There is a piezo body pickup mounted and that feeds a pan pot for blending. There is a 2 band sweep EQ that covers 50~2k, 600 to 20k hz, + - 15 db. 1/4" and 5 pin XLR's are fitted, it can be run stereo with an outboard power supply.

It's a heavy guitar with sustain for days. There's really nothing quite like it out there. I designed and built all the on-board electronics myself back when I was a youngin'.
Old 23rd June 2012
One good guitar deserves another.

This is my 1967 Gibson Trini Lopez. They made 200 or so of them. It has original pickups. I added my treble-middle-bass onboard preamp with a master volume control. It's missing knobs I pilfered for something else I needed. The finish is in new condition and it's a blues slayer.

I do worry about playing it on my typical "11" as the body shakes so hard it feels like it's coming apart.
Old 24th June 2012
Here for the gear

Old 24th June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
Beautiful!
Old 24th June 2012
Gear Addict

Victor Garcia From Valencia, Spain. Can't say for sure what year it is. Older than me for sure. Cowboy fret area wood is worn down, nearly has a hole below the soundhole. Sounds better and better.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/2rwij

Old 24th June 2012
Well it's my only guitar at the moment..

Any guesses to the genre I'm playing?

Old 24th June 2012
Lives for gear
Dig that V. What a nice axe.
Old 24th June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Dig that V. What a nice axe.
Thanks man, it is.

(Now that it's been to two luthiers for fixing, since Ran installed a too short truss rod for the 27" scale )
Old 24th June 2012
Lives for gear

Old 24th June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by col View Post
Well it's my only

Any guesses to the genre I'm playing?
Retro Hawaiian folk?
Old 24th June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstrahle View Post
Retro Hawaiian folk?
Close, but no cigar.
Old 25th June 2012
Gear Maniac

P&W?
Old 25th June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusty View Post
P&W?
Haha. Polka & Waltzes. Hmmm... waltzes is a funny word.
Old 25th June 2012
Gear Addict

Old 26th June 2012
Lives for gear
[QUOTE=razorblade;8007058]

Now that is a beauty, makes me want that natural tung oil stain Koa again. Looks like one of my Carvin's.
Old 27th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
Now that is a beauty, makes me want that natural tung oil stain Koa again. Looks like one of my Carvin's.
Thanks - it's a Warmouth build that I did in 95....1 piece solid flame koa body, koa neck, ebony fretboard, compound radius neck.

I don't think you can even get a 1 piece flame koa body anymore.
Old 29th June 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
Thanks - it's a Warmouth build that I did in 95....1 piece solid flame koa body, koa neck, ebony fretboard, compound radius neck.

I don't think you can even get a 1 piece flame koa body anymore.
I think Carvin offers them but they are premium price and a wait for special processing. I am replacing the body and neck on my last kit guitar and they offer a basic alder and several upgrade tone woods. I had a DC127 that was all Koa, neck through body so the body on that one was two piece but the kit is a one piece. Love to have that Koa again, such a beautiful and rare wood. One of the things I love about Carvin necks is the Ebony fingerboard. I have a Strat w an ebony board and just love it. Been a user of Carvin customs for more than a decade, so much quality and workmanship for a fraction of the price of good guitar. 5K for a LP seems insane. I built my last kit for less than $500 and I am redoing the body and neck w their latest update. Has been my fav guitar for some time.
Not as pretty as a factory build but just a tone monster. I have added features such as black chrome hardware, neck shim tilt, pickup baseplates on the single coils, additional interior shielding and ground, extra pickup bypass switch on the neck for a 9 position tone option. The new bodies and necks have better lines and they offer options on the neck like woods, no dots or inlays and stainless frets.

Old 29th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Whoa, is that a model 480? I remember them from the Rickenbacker catalogs I used to collect in the 1970s, but never actually saw someone who owned one.
Old 29th June 2012
Here for the gear

Here are my two primaries-

Gibson Les Paul GoldTop with burstbucker pickups. Has thick rhythm through Marshall/Orange and a hot bridge for leads.

Relic American Tele with Don Mare pickups. (Check him out on ***** if you haven't heard of him before). Super glassy neck, twang bridge. Have bought and sold many guitars before anchoring with these.

Old 1st July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
HOLY CRAP! I WANT!
Old 1st July 2012
Gear Maniac

2001 USA - Solid Ash. Added Bigsby, Joe Bardens (Nashville config), Klunsons. Amps are 1963 Vibroverb PTP copy & real deal 1962 Fender Deluxe.
Old 9th July 2012
Gear Maniac

Heres a old pic, I no longer have the silent and the jazz V was substituted by a Stingray
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-guitars2.jpg  

Last edited by Astrain; 9th July 2012 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: pic rotated
Old 13th July 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
HOLY CRAP! I WANT!
Is that a 24fret RICK bass, never seen a 24fret bass, wow. Some things just look like they have to sound good, sort of like cool cars. I am not crazy w dog hammered vintage stuff but man that is a cherry!
Old 14th July 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Is that a 24fret RICK bass, never seen a 24fret bass, wow.
You still haven't!! It's a guitar.

Old 14th July 2012
Lives for gear

Here's my favorite combo - a Black Widow guitar (made by Acoustic Control Corp.), into a 300 Watt Delta Corp. Concept One tube amplifier.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-delta.jpg  
Old 16th July 2012
Gear Maniac

My Brasilian Handmade 1999 Tagima T-635

Old 17th July 2012
Lives for gear

I know it's a Squier, but it sure doesn't play or sound like one. My playing doesn't do it justice (nor do my picture-taking skills!). This was my first.

Show your FAV GUITAR...-img_1232.jpg

Show your FAV GUITAR...-img_1233.jpg

Show your FAV GUITAR...-img_1230.jpg
Old 17th July 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzkat View Post
You still haven't!! It's a guitar.

Sorry stupid me, I just saw the Rick name, one of these days I have to start sleeping. When I think Rick I just automatically think bass or 12 string. Insomnia is a wicked mistress.
Old 19th July 2012
Lives for gear

Old 19th July 2012
Gear Head

ES-5 switchmaster

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search